ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PM5d key stuck  (Read 2190 times)

Josh Hana

PM5d key stuck
« on: February 12, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »

Turned on the 5D this morning and found that the Down Arrow key appeared to be stuck. Moving the cursor via arrow keys is impossible, clicking to a new area, the cursor immediately scrolls all the way back down to the bottom. Not something I can just "deal with" when we have a big festival coming up in a few days. Just left a message with Yamaha support, and tried reinitializing the board but to no avail.

I'm going to open it up right now to see if it's a hardware issue with the key being physically stuck, but it doesn't feel like it. Worked fine yesterday, been sitting with the cover on in the ~70 degree (florida) shop overnight, can't see why it would suddenly go bad like this.

Wondering if anyone's experienced this before?

Tim Woodworth

• Intellasound Productions
Re: PM5d key stuck
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »

Could some moisture gotten into the button? Condensation sometimes does odd things. I would attempt to blow some compressed air into the button to see if I can clean it out.
Tim Woodworth
Intellasound Productions
Verona, WI

Josh Hana

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 02:20:21 PM »

It's been sitting open (with dust cover on) in our shop for the last week or so. Low humidity and cool temps (low 70s). Yamaha said the only real option was to replace the module, but we opened it up to give it a look anyway. We had the surface flipped up, powered it on, and the problem was gone. So we re-sat the cable from that module, closed it up and have been power cycling it every few hours and it's been fine. A little worrisome, but it seems to be working fine now.

Doug Hammel

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »

It's been sitting open (with dust cover on) in our shop for the last week or so. Low humidity and cool temps (low 70s). Yamaha said the only real option was to replace the module, but we opened it up to give it a look anyway. We had the surface flipped up, powered it on, and the problem was gone. So we re-sat the cable from that module, closed it up and have been power cycling it every few hours and it's been fine. A little worrisome, but it seems to be working fine now.
Hello Josh,
 Is that the non-RH that Garrett has had for a while? Just curious.

Doug Hammel

Josh Hana

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »

Sure is. I don't generally take it out much anymore unless it's for riders, I'm on the Profile more than anything.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.