ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DB Technologies DVA-8  (Read 2880 times)

Jon Arrigo

DB Technologies DVA-8
« on: June 05, 2014, 11:25:47 PM »

Has anyone here used these ? bought some ? what do you think of them ? pros and cons

thanks
Jon

Peter Morris

Re: DB Technologies DVA-8
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:54:10 AM »

Has anyone here used these ? bought some ? what do you think of them ? pros and cons

thanks
Jon

I assume you are talking about the DVA T8; I have T8s and T12s and previously owned some T4s.

They are excellent, much louder and better sound quality than the T4. I have measured the frequency response and was surprised how good it was.  Considering their cost and the flexibility they offer I think the T8 - T12 combination is hard to beat. Their size, weight, output and ease of use makes them suitable for a huge number of cost effective applications.

You can use the T8s for front fills, fly 4 or more as a small line array, on the bottom of a T12 line array, stacked on subs or use 2 to 3  on a stick . You can start with 3 a side on a stick and then add some T12s to create a medium sized line array. 

The only negative comments I have are - rider acceptance, there is more spill from the rear of the box compared to our Turbosound Flex array and the rigging is not as good as the Flex, d&b audiotechnik, L-Acoustics  etc ... but for the price its fine..

They are not as good as the very latest boxes from d&b Audiotechnic, Laccoustic, Turbosound, Adamson etc. but better than a lot of the other rider accepted boxes out there!

FWIW I find dB Technologies recommended settings too bright. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:58:23 PM by Peter Morris »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: DB Technologies DVA-8
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:54:10 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.