ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting (?!?) PA for Sale  (Read 6863 times)

Stefan Maerz

• Knoxville Tennessee
Re: Interesting (?!?) PA for Sale
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 10:04:19 AM »

That description reminds me of the automatic CS paper generator I found a while ago.

Just some random technical jargon thrown around that seems somewhat correct.

http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

In recent years, much research has been devoted to the improvement of von Neumann machines; contrarily, few have investigated the analysis of superblocks [16]. The notion that system administrators collaborate with event-driven methodologies is often satisfactory. The notion that scholars interact with the refinement of forward-error correction is rarely adamantly opposed [16]. To what extent can kernels be deployed to fulfill this goal?

We argue that DHCP and 802.11 mesh networks can synchronize to accomplish this purpose. The basic tenet of this solution is the investigation of e-business. Though conventional wisdom states that this issue is regularly solved by the analysis of symmetric encryption, we believe that a different method is necessary. Such a claim at first glance seems perverse but is buffetted by previous work in the field. We view software engineering as following a cycle of four phases: deployment, simulation, simulation, and provision. This combination of properties has not yet been refined in prior work.

The rest of this paper is organized as follows. We motivate the need for RAID. Continuing with this rationale, we place our work in context with the related work in this area. To fix this challenge, we examine how thin clients can be applied to the visualization of active networks. Despite the fact that such a hypothesis is largely an unproven objective, it generally conflicts with the need to provide rasterization to computational biologists. Finally, we conclude.

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 05:44:29 PM »

Earlier audio equipment designs would output a surge (spike) when being powered on or off, ...

Thanks for the write up Tom.  It was the dummy load portion that I was not familiar with.  It doesn't seem like they would be necessary for the era of amplifiers in the current system.  Probably left over from the Flame Linear amps he had previously?   
Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

Tom Young

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »

It was the dummy load portion that I was not familiar with.  It doesn't seem like they would be necessary for the era of amplifiers in the current system.  Probably left over from the Flame Linear amps he had previously?

That is exactly the amp that was popping into my memory as I wrote. Specifically the Phase Linear 400. The PL 700 was a bit more stable. Crown DC300's were also quite popular back then and even though they were more robust, they had their own set of problems that could take out drivers.

Amazing what we had to deal with back then.

I agree that modern day amps probably do not need to be babied in that manner. But I also would not do this to them, just out of habit.
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
203-888-6217

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 08:59:49 PM »

That is exactly the amp that was popping into my memory as I wrote. Specifically the Phase Linear 400. The PL 700 was a bit more stable. Crown DC300's were also quite popular back then and even though they were more robust, they had their own set of problems that could take out drivers.

Amazing what we had to deal with back then.

Things were A LOT harder back then.

For example all of the amps you listed had UNBALANCED inputs.

Even the "top of the line" processing (BSS-KT etc) had unbalanced XLR outputs.

You had to order the special balanced version to get balanced outputs.

Hum and buzz tracing became an art form-and often times quite a challenge.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 11:13:19 PM »

Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 10:16:25 AM »

Great Googa Mooga's!

http://www.communitypro.com/community-s-history

The Community history is pretty good.  I started using Community horns in 1979 and have followed the company ever since.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 10:16:25 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.