ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF/DB Technologies purchase  (Read 8822 times)

Rick Alan

Re: RCF/DB Technologies purchase
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 11:10:21 PM »

What made you go with the RCF HDL-20A over the db T4 or T8? 

Thanks

After some time, I am about to make the line array plunge.  I have a contract guaranteed to me for more than enough shows for next year to pay it off and make the purchase profitable in a venue that requires vertical coverage.  Anyway, here is what I have been offered as a rig and may purchase.  12- RCF HDL-20A and 4 of the dB Technologies S30.  Most of the shows that this rig will be used for have very easy riders/no riders.  When I do have riders, it's usually B/C level bands and smaller rock/metal bands who have been happy enough to do cart wheels when they arrive and see an actual "rig" (usually my KF850s)  because they have been on club runs.  The venue this will be used in most of the time is a 1200 cap room with a balcony although, the balcony is not that high, the array calculator shows that coverage can actually be optimized with only 5 boxes/side.  The subs are what worry me.  Some of these shows are metal shows.  I typically use my 8 728's, but I want to make the all active jump.  Should I purchase more than 4 of the s30s now, or wait?  Also, I have searched and not found too many people using the HDL20A yet.  Anyone used this box on rock/metal yet?

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: RCF/DB Technologies purchase
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 11:10:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.