ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aluminum Stage Risers...  (Read 4260 times)

Ryan Hez

Aluminum Stage Risers...
« on: February 06, 2014, 05:15:45 PM »

Hi Guys/Gals,

I am looking for Aluminum constructed Stage risers about 2'H x 4' x 8'.  New to the industry and looking for opinions on the best quality and price, but more importantly where i can buy these locally?  (Sacramento,CA)

thanks!

Ryan

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Aluminum Stage Risers...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »

Hi Guys/Gals,

I am looking for Aluminum constructed Stage risers about 2'H x 4' x 8'.  New to the industry and looking for opinions on the best quality and price, but more importantly where i can buy these locally?  (Sacramento,CA)

thanks!

Ryan
Quick, Ryan! Before anyone notices this post, go to your profile and change your Display Name to match your full, real name. If you do it before the moderators come along, they won't lock it. :)

By the way, untiil you do (we're well-trained here) no one will help you... :(

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:03:05 PM »

Quick, Ryan! Before anyone notices this post, go to your profile and change your Display Name to match your full, real name. If you do it before the moderators come along, they won't lock it. :)

By the way, untiil you do (we're well-trained here) no one will help you... :(no one is allowed to help you.

-Ray

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »

Hi Guys/Gals,

thanks!

Ryan
Wenger, BilJax, Staging Concepts are three great manufacturers. They are not cheap, though. Depending on the size of legs that you use, end height is usually variable from 6" to 4' -- over 4' and you need to engineer very carefully. Even at that point, follow directions precisely.

Not in Sac, so don't have any local options. Look for dealers of any of the above brands?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »

Grainger sells Bil-Jax multi stage. It's great and flexible. I assume you have Grainger there, but you never know...

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 11:26:02 AM »

StageRight
They are in Michigan but I believe their pricing includes shipping (or maybe they absorb some of the cost)
Great stuff in my opinion way easier and more solid than the BilJax stuff
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »

StageRight
They are in Michigan but I believe their pricing includes shipping (or maybe they absorb some of the cost)
Great stuff in my opinion way easier and more solid than the BilJax stuff

Agree about the BilJax.  I don't like it, either as a provider or user.  Too often it's inadequately braced, it's time consuming to level, and generally a pain in the ass.  I think I've worked with ONE provider that did the BilJax stage pretty well.  He used his own crew to build it, it went up pretty fast and was 99% right the first time.  My other encounters with BilJax were not so good...

Staging Concepts, Stage Right, Sico and a couple of others are the real deal in staging.  If the OP just needs DJ/keyboard/drum risers, the Wenger StageTek (replaced the Versalite) is a possibility.

If the loads are heavy or dynamic I suggest consultation with the manufacture before making a purchase commitment.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.