ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Countryman H6 problem.  (Read 2035 times)

Al Rettich

Countryman H6 problem.
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:03:47 PM »

So I don't have a lot experience with countryman mics. My artist has a H6. It's gotten dull in sound, but more importantly when he starts to speak moderately loud it seems to distort. No much but just enough to hear.  I've changed packs (Shure UHF-R) and the sensivity is at -10 which is the lowest it'll go. -2 on the gain. He's not clipping the meter, but I cannot figure out what this is. Any ideas?   Thanks.

Scott Stephens

Re: Countryman H6 problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 07:44:54 PM »

Could be several things, but here are the 2 common ones: it's worn out or it could be full of spit. That happens alot. Gross!!! Check with, countryman to see how they advise cleaning it.
scott

Al Rettich

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 02:27:18 PM »

Agreed on the spit.. I'm familiar with taking the cap off and cleaning it. But last night I noticed wight he countryman mic plugged in, there is a buzz on the line. Take the element out from the pack, clean as a bell.

Could be several things, but here are the 2 common ones: it's worn out or it could be full of spit. That happens alot. Gross!!! Check with, countryman to see how they advise cleaning it.
scott

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »

Agreed on the spit.. I'm familiar with taking the cap off and cleaning it. But last night I noticed wight he countryman mic plugged in, there is a buzz on the line. Take the element out from the pack, clean as a bell.

Order a replacement and send the current unit back to Countryman for repair.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.