ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Countryman H6 problem.  (Read 414 times)

Al Rettich

Countryman H6 problem.
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:03:47 pm »

So I don't have a lot experience with countryman mics. My artist has a H6. It's gotten dull in sound, but more importantly when he starts to speak moderately loud it seems to distort. No much but just enough to hear.  I've changed packs (Shure UHF-R) and the sensivity is at -10 which is the lowest it'll go. -2 on the gain. He's not clipping the meter, but I cannot figure out what this is. Any ideas?   Thanks.

Scott Stephens

Re: Countryman H6 problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 07:44:54 pm »

Could be several things, but here are the 2 common ones: it's worn out or it could be full of spit. That happens alot. Gross!!! Check with, countryman to see how they advise cleaning it.
scott

Al Rettich

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 02:27:18 pm »

Agreed on the spit.. I'm familiar with taking the cap off and cleaning it. But last night I noticed wight he countryman mic plugged in, there is a buzz on the line. Take the element out from the pack, clean as a bell.

Could be several things, but here are the 2 common ones: it's worn out or it could be full of spit. That happens alot. Gross!!! Check with, countryman to see how they advise cleaning it.
scott

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:48:50 pm »

Agreed on the spit.. I'm familiar with taking the cap off and cleaning it. But last night I noticed wight he countryman mic plugged in, there is a buzz on the line. Take the element out from the pack, clean as a bell.

Order a replacement and send the current unit back to Countryman for repair.
When they spit, do you wash their floors
And pray that they don't spit no more
Or, rise up children, life goes on and on
Wise up children, life goes on and on
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.