ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DBX 266xl lights working but no compression heard! HELP!!  (Read 8190 times)

Mark McFarlane

Re: DBX 266xl lights working but no compression heard! HELP!!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 02:16:32 PM »

Just for fun, try exercising the side-chain inputs with a 1/4" jack.  Insert and remove the jack several times.  Using some Deoxit in the process won't hurt.

Sorry, I ASSumed you may not be familiar with compression.  MY bad.

I suggested oxidation on the side chain earlier, but based on the light behavior the compressor seems to be keying off the inputs.

Looking quickly at a DBX 266 (non XL) schematic it looks as though if the reduction lights are lighting, either the bypass switch or the VCA is malfunctioning. There are a few 'jumps' on the schematic that I didn't find so I may be missing something important.

Is the Bypass LED turning on and off when you hit the bypass switch? Maybe exercise the bypass switch a hundred times :)

Are both channels behaving identically?  Did you test each channel independently with 'stereo couple off'?  It seems odd that you'd have two bypass switches or two VCAs go out at the same time, but there is also circuitry that ties the two channels detection circuitry together. Does the stereo couple light go on and off? Maybe exercise the 'stereo couple' button

I'll let one of the more knowledgable electronics guys comment if they have time to dig further.

Here's the schematic:
http://adn.harmanpro.com/product_documents/documents/546_1324055740/266%20Schematic_original.pdf

The only docs I found for the UPC1252 (VCA) are in Chinese.
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/103346/ETC/UPC1252.html
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: DBX 266xl lights working but no compression heard! HELP!!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 02:16:32 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.