ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on Hazer fluid  (Read 11477 times)

Kim Guibord

Questions on Hazer fluid
« on: February 06, 2014, 04:28:45 PM »

Hello I have a Chauvet Amhaze Hazer, it uses water based haze fluid, Chauvet says to use phf haze fluid, And just to mention this unit is discontinued, So I wonder if what they suggest for you to use as fluid is also discontinued, I see that Chauvet now sells hfg hazer fluid which is also water based, Is it safe to use hfg haze fluid in the AmHaze Hazer?  Thanks for your help.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Questions on Hazer fluid
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »

Hello I have a Chauvet Amhaze Hazer, it uses water based haze fluid, Chauvet says to use phf haze fluid, And just to mention this unit is discontinued, So I wonder if what they suggest for you to use as fluid is also discontinued, I see that Chauvet now sells hfg hazer fluid which is also water based, Is it safe to use hfg haze fluid in the AmHaze Hazer?  Thanks for your help.

What did Chauvet say when you asked them. Their answer will be the only definitive answer.

Mac

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 07:51:55 PM »

Go to froggys fog. Find a fluid based on your machine and buy their fluid.  It's cheaper and awesome. I run it in our hazers and fog machines for over a year with no problems. 

WouterBeneke101

• Supersonic Speaker Hire
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 04:59:07 AM »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what is your opinion on different fog fluid brands. Chauvet insists on only using its brand for its equipment. However isn't most fog fluid the same composition in anyway?

:o :o :o
PA hire in the northern beaches and Sydney area
www.northernbeaches-speakerhire.com

Josh Daws

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 08:24:56 AM »

no there are variances in fog fluid regarding to density, smells, hang time, etc...

in regards to fog fluid you can use most general fog fluids...as far as a hazer is concerned you shouldonly use the recommended fluid, as this does potentially void warranty and also can inhibit the performance of the machine...

the chauvet hurricane haze 2d is a perfect example of this. a little back story, i have a ultratec radiance haze machine which we only use the Luminous7 haze fluid...when i got the chauvet unit i tried using the same fluid and it leaked everywhere, and i mean i made basically a miniature lake...so i thought that i would use ultratec's regular haze, same issue but not quite as bad...but still a leak is a leak...i used the HFG fluid from Chauvet (the recommended fluid) and no problems...

the reasoning for this is that the pump basically wasn't able too handle the denser fluid and backed it up, not to mention all the cleaning i had to do as well on the heating tubes...

fog fluids isn't so much an issue, but hazers certainly...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 12:38:52 PM »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Len Zenith Jr

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »

Josh, the Ultratec Radiance hazer as well as the Neutron hazer use a very different type of fluid than the Chauvet 2d. Although they are both water based fluids, the Radiance/Neutron hazer uses a (very concentrated) water/glycerol based fluid where as the Chauvet (as well as all other water based hazers/foggers) use a (more diluted) water/glycol based fluid. The 2 are not interchangeable.

+1 for the suggestion of Froggy's fluid. It's good stuff and well priced.

Josh Daws

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »

Josh, the Ultratec Radiance hazer as well as the Neutron hazer use a very different type of fluid than the Chauvet 2d. Although they are both water based fluids, the Radiance/Neutron hazer uses a (very concentrated) water/glycerol based fluid where as the Chauvet (as well as all other water based hazers/foggers) use a (more diluted) water/glycol based fluid. The 2 are not interchangeable.

+1 for the suggestion of Froggy's fluid. It's good stuff and well priced.

you aren't wrong there, but even the "regular haze" from them which is a more "diluted" version or less concentrated version of the radiance which has been great in other haze machines i have used, is still "too much" for the Chauvet 2D to handle...

Len Zenith Jr

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 09:11:42 PM »

you aren't wrong there, but even the "regular haze" from them which is a more "diluted" version or less concentrated version of the radiance which has been great in other haze machines i have used, is still "too much" for the Chauvet 2D to handle...

It's not just the dilution ratio that's different between the two fluids; Glycerol (C3H8O3) has very different properties than Propylene Glycol  (C3H8O2).
One of those properties is Viscosity. Glycerol (Radiance fluid) is 35 times more viscous than Propylene Glycol (all other fog juice), which explains your trouble with leaky plumbing.
Another property is flashpoint. Glycerol is around 160 C, whereas propylene glycol is only around 104 C. I'd be worried that a unit meant for glycol may not have a hot enough heating chamber to fully vaporize glycerol fluid leaving residue behind. Residue could eventually clog the chamber.

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »

I love Froggy's fluids and use fog, haze, snow, etc.. I have a Chauvet 2D hazer I am about to throw in the garbage. The Froggy's Beamsplitter haze is all over the place. It looks like I poured the fluid OVER the hazer.

Just purchased an arena 3 and hope it will pass the Froggy's OK.. Has anyone tried it?
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.