ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap LED mixer light (BNC)  (Read 4934 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Cheap LED mixer light (BNC)
« on: January 28, 2014, 03:52:58 AM »

http://www.parts-express.com/flexible-12v-led-mixer-console-gooseneck-lamp-bnc--262-810

PE has these gooseck lights on sale right now. BNC only, unfortunately...

Has anyone modified a littlelight and put an XLR on it before? Might be worth it!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
Re: Cheap LED mixer light (BNC)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:07:17 AM »

Love my Littlelite LED lights, but at this price, these look to be a great alternative.  Almost tempted to buy one just because...

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:18:10 PM »

http://www.parts-express.com/flexible-12v-led-mixer-console-gooseneck-lamp-bnc--262-810

Has anyone modified a littlelight and put an XLR on it before? Might be worth it!

Just ordered one for my Onyx 1640(has a BNC connector). I'll let y'all know how it turns out when I get it.

Craig Alan

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:38:55 PM »

I have built adapters with a switchcraft xlr and a chassis mount bnc.  Remove the rubber from the xlr, insert the bnc (a little heat shrink to build up the diameter)  into the back of the xlr, use the set screws to hold the bnc in, wire together. Cheep way to reuse littlites when changing mixers.

I have also done this with switchcraft right angle xlr connectors.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 02:13:45 AM »

I have built adapters with a switchcraft xlr and a chassis mount bnc.  Remove the rubber from the xlr, insert the bnc (a little heat shrink to build up the diameter)  into the back of the xlr, use the set screws to hold the bnc in, wire together. Cheep way to reuse littlites when changing mixers.

I have also done this with switchcraft right angle xlr connectors.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I'll probably jb weld it in there though.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

Well I got that mixer light in a few days ago and tried it out last night; it works great and is plenty bright, almost too bright. My only complaint is that it could be longer; it's definitely on the short side but the brightness helps make up for it.

This was taken with my Nexus 4 with the flash off and the main house lights in the room off(only a couple of can lights over the stage were on).

It also should be noted that the LEDs produce very white light as opposed to the blueish light that many cheap LEDs produce.

I may try taping a piece of paper over the light to dim/diffuse it some; I'll post back if that helps. IMO the light is well worth the $20; if you need one go buy it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.