ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Experience with a X32 Repair  (Read 12241 times)

James A. Griffin

Re: My Experience with a X32 Repair
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 11:23:09 AM »

Training wheels for new Digital Mixerpersons... the "oh SHIT" button.

I usually set up a UDK or other programmable button to mute all inputs and outputs when first learning a new desk. 

I did that with my first digi mixer 10 years ago, the 01V96v2.   Unfortunately for me, the UDK's on that board are just to the right of the master fader, which is where my right hand had the habit of resting on analog boards.   After bumping it a couple of times during a show or sound check I realized I was going to have to adjust old habits in the new world.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 01:41:58 PM »

On January 27, 2014 I contacted the Care Facility about returning one of my X32 mixers for repair.  I have owned the mixer since January 15, 2013 and we used it over 100 days last year for shows.  Inside the Gator G-Tour case it bounced up and down the highway about 35,000 miles.  Including trips to New Jersey, Maine and Florida.  I live in Illinois.  The mixer had two problems.  The first was the Gain knob was bent.  Either me or one of the guys did it taking the lid off of the road case.  The second issue was that one of the Mute Group buttons was sticking.  It was Mute Group 6 which is the kill everything now something is terribly wrong Mute Group.  I don't think I have every used this Mute Group.

This is my experience:

I called the Care Center on the 27th of January and they asked that I send them a copy of my original receipt for the X32.  I was happy to do that and they checked the receipt and got right back to me.  The mixer was out of warranty of knobs and buttons, however they said that they would fix it for free.  I thought that's cool.  I was waiting for the but that always follows.  To my surprise they paid shipping via Fedex both ways.  That made me very happy.  They said the repair would take about 3 days once they received the mixer.  I shipped the X32 to them on Tuesday the 28th of January.  I tracked the shipment and it arrived at the Care Center on Friday the 31st of January.  They repaired the X32 and shipped it back on Monday the 3rd of February.  So, the mixer was either repaired Friday, January 31, or on Monday February 3 prior to being shipped back.  That's an amazing turnaround time.  Yes everything now works correctly on the X32. 

I can't say that my case is the same as everyone or even anyone else's, but I can say that I am impressed.  I know that other people will look at this post and say 'see the mixer is crap, it broke after just a little over a year'.  If that is what you came away with from reading this then I do feel sorry for you.  We could have just as easily bent a knob on one of our Yamaha mixers or our SC-48.  Just happened that it was the X32 that had the knob bent.

All I can say is thanks Behringer Care Center, you guys are fantastic!!  ;)

Bill

It appears that I did leave out one more thing.  They replaced the fader boards and the faders on all channels, DCAs and Masters.  It's amazing what you find out when you actually read what has been done...and still at no cost to me for repair or shipping.

Yea, that makes me happy.  ;)

Bill
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 01:41:58 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.