ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: one of my qsc kw152 speakers sounds way deeper than the other one  (Read 10261 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: one of my qsc kw152 speakers sounds way deeper than the other one
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 12:33:38 PM »

i have the eon518

I don't know how they sound, but if you have one already...

As far as matching up to your 152's, you'll need a minimum of 2 EON518's/side for balance, but depending on your cross-over point you could probably get by with a single pair.  The built-in crossover will not be as appropriate as you should have, so the bottom line would be to get a decent cross-over and another 518, cross them over at 75 or 80hz and let the EON's just provide some extra LF support rather than function as "real" subs. 

The 152's play as low as the 518's, so if I were you I'd be looking for subs which would play down to at least 35hz before rolling off, especially for DJ'ing. KW181's would be a bit  better fit.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:36:10 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Niki Matteo

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 01:28:51 PM »

so I talked to the guy at qsc he said the kw152's vs kw153's are night and day difference in sound.. don't know what to think ...

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »

so I talked to the guy at qsc he said the kw152's vs kw153's are night and day difference in sound.. don't know what to think ...

For Heavens sake!!!

You're using these for DJ playback.  All the production and mixing has already been done.  How much simpler do you need it to be?

Plug your playback into one, then the other.  Turn them up.  Listen. Decide.  Buy.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Nate Armstrong

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 04:48:03 PM »

Stick with the Kw152 and sell the EON518 and save up for 2 kw181's 
You would have a great DJ rig with 2x kw152 and 2x kw181's.   Stick to this no matter what sales person you talk to.

side note.
When you put a kw153 on a single kw181 the High frequency  driver is  not high enough.. Hence why i use kw153 over 2 kw181's per side.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »

You would have a great DJ rig with 2x kw152 and 2x kw181's.   Stick to this no matter what sales person you talk to.

Exactly.  They're going to try to sell you the most expensive speaker they can whether you need it or not.  That's their job.  I use the QSC HPR line (pre-KW line) for most of my sound work and I will admit each box does sound a little different.  Not better or worse, just different.  It's up to me then to properly match sub count, crossover frequency/filter, gain, etc.  The built-in DSP can do most of the work for you, but not all.  I still vote keep the 152s and get a pair of 181s when you can afford it.  Hope this helps!

-Jeff

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »

yes I did check the setting that was thing i did ..i'm pretty novice when it comes to sound and stage stuff I just Dj ..I just wanted to get some really good speakers for my gigs. I had no idea that speakers could sound different coupled with more than one boundary..thank you all for all the info and reply's!
No doubt the location can affect the sound but you have to be careful of where you assume it to be the result of boundary coupling due to a number of factors such as the size and type of boundary, the distance of the source from the boundary, the frequencies involved and whether that boundary is already coupled to the listeners.

For example, in many cases the listeners are close enough to the floor that for low frequencies they already get the boundary coupling effect from the floor, thus putting the subs on the floor does not provide an additional boundary effect.  What does end up happening in many cases is that putting subs on the floor also results in increased indirect/reflected sound from the subs which then leads to a perceived increase in level, but that is actually an increase in the indirect/reflected sound from the subs rather than in the direct sound as would occur from boundary effect.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.