ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: one of my qsc kw152 speakers sounds way deeper than the other one  (Read 10260 times)

Niki Matteo

i just bought some qsc kw152's i get them home and start to play on them and notice that one has way more bump than the other one.
So i take one back to guitar center they swap it out get that  one home and same thing one just sounds deeper i check all setting and cables still same thing called up qsc tech support they told me to take it back again with no explanation..any idea what it is ??? 

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: one of my qsc kw152 speakers sounds way deeper than the other one
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:13:07 AM »

One has the DSP set to "deep" and the others didn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »

I'd agree that it's likely a DSP setting difference between the two speakers, but have you also tried swapping cables between the two to make sure it's not coming from your source?

-Jeff

Niki Matteo

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 07:00:58 PM »

THANKS GUYS I FOUND THE PROBLEM .. ONE SPEAKER WAS IN THE CORNER AND ONE WAS OUT IN THE OPEN THE ONE IN THE CORNER SOUNDED DEEPER  DUE TO THE BASS WAS BOUNCING OFF THE BACK WALL CREATING A DEEPER SOUND COMPARED TO THE ONE THAT WAS OUT IN THE OPEN! DUHHHH...BUT GUITAR CENTER TOLD ME IF I JUST WANTED TO JUST UP GRADE TO THE KW153'S THEY WOULD GIVE ME A SCREAMING DEAL HMMM WHAT TO DO.. ANY THOUGHTS

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »

THANKS GUYS I FOUND THE PROBLEM .. ONE SPEAKER WAS IN THE CORNER AND ONE WAS OUT IN THE OPEN THE ONE IN THE CORNER SOUNDED DEEPER  DUE TO THE BASS WAS BOUNCING OFF THE BACK WALL CREATING A DEEPER SOUND COMPARED TO THE ONE THAT WAS OUT IN THE OPEN! DUHHHH...BUT GUITAR CENTER TOLD ME IF I JUST WANTED TO JUST UP GRADE TO THE KW153'S THEY WOULD GIVE ME A SCREAMING DEAL HMMM WHAT TO DO.. ANY THOUGHTS

I think your caps lock is stuck.

Did you check the contour switches as mentioned in the other replies?

The GC people are not exactly correct and GC is generally an unreliable source for sound issues.  There will be different response from free-standing speakers and speakers which are coupling with more than one boundary, but you should really check that both speakers are set the same before you start throwing more of your hard-earned down the GC hole.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Niki Matteo

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 01:12:24 AM »

yes I did check the setting that was thing i did ..i'm pretty novice when it comes to sound and stage stuff I just Dj ..I just wanted to get some really good speakers for my gigs. I had no idea that speakers could sound different coupled with more than one boundary..thank you all for all the info and reply's! now thoughts on the kw153' s is there any great advantages to having them over the kw152's thank you .

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 05:19:41 PM »

Seeing that you say you DJ, I'd suggest sticking with the 152s.  Assuming that you're mobile, the 152s will be a lot easier to transport and mount on a stand.  It can be done, but the 152s are more portable in my opinion.  Otherwise, they'll be very similar in output and quality.  I'd suggest saving that money and putting it towards a pair of subs if the 152s don't have enough low-end output for you.  If they do, a nice pair of covers never hurts! 

-Jeff

Niki Matteo

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »

thank you jeff !!! yeah i already bought the covers and all ..i agree that i do like the portability of theses .  so i already have one jbl eon sub i was thinking about getting one more to complete the set. thoughts..

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 12:16:43 PM »

thank you jeff !!! yeah i already bought the covers and all ..i agree that i do like the portability of theses .  so i already have one jbl eon sub i was thinking about getting one more to complete the set. thoughts..

Which sub do you have, exactly???  There have been several in the EON line, most of them pretty much "sub-woofer" in name only, but I think they have some newer stuff that MIGHT be serviceable to some extent.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Niki Matteo

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »

i have the eon518

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.