ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL-48 & iPad  (Read 3244 times)

Rodney Harrison

M7CL-48 & iPad
« on: August 09, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »

Hey guys, just purchased an Apple Airport Express router and connected it to the console...voila! ...no disconnection problems.  Previously I had a NetGear N300 and was experiencing intermittent connection every 20 seconds or so. 

Searched the web and decided between the NetGear N600 or Apple...went with Apple!  A plus is you can stream music to the board from the iPad or iPhone via the Express.

Tommy Jenkins

Re: M7CL-48 & iPad
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »

Hey guys, just purchased an Apple Airport Express router and connected it to the console...voila! ...no disconnection problems.  Previously I had a NetGear N300 and was experiencing intermittent connection every 20 seconds or so. 

Searched the web and decided between the NetGear N600 or Apple...went with Apple!  A plus is you can stream music to the board from the iPad or iPhone via the Express.

I'm curious. Did you happen to note what channel your NetGear router was set to versus the Airport ? I wonder if the default channels are different and that perhaps that was the reason the Airport worked. It could be that if the channels were different, the Airport's selected channel signal strength was better or that channel was less occupied. Just a guess. I have the issue with the M7 and iPad. I plan to use inSSIDer to view/analyze my church's Wi-Fi system to see if there are too many items in use within a certain channel spectrum.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:40:17 PM by tommitytomtom »

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Real names are required to participate here
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 05:53:46 PM »

tommitytomtom

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Craig

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Tommy Jenkins

Re: Real names are required to participate here
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:40:26 AM »

tommitytomtom

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Craig

No problem. I fixed it.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Real names are required to participate here
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:40:26 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.