ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL48 & Stage Mix anomalies  (Read 4657 times)

James Loncaric

M7CL48 & Stage Mix anomalies
« on: January 30, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »

Hey all,
I have been experiencing a weird and frustrating anomaly with the M7 and am not sure if it is a problem with the console or the StageMix interface. Anyway, the issue: individual channels will have a mix send set to 0dB randomly and at unexpected times. In other words,  I will be mixing or setting up a mix and a random channel will runaway in one of the mixes. It seems to happen after a store.  I have had this issue before I ever ran Stage Mix, but now it seems to happen more often.

Has anyone else had this issue? It is really frustrating due to the random nature.  Just to be clear I don't have the double tap to set to 0dB though I don't believe that would affect this issue. I was hoping to find others who are experiencing this before contacting Yamaha(preventing future face-saving exercise).
Karma is simple Newtonian physics brought to life
by hilarious consequences and unfortunate outcomes.
                                                       Smiling James

Airton Pereira

• The Knutz
Re: M7CL48 & Stage Mix anomalies
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 12:39:04 PM »

I use a LS9 with Stagemix and I never had any troubles like this. Are you connecting any device through MIDI? Or maybe the scene is automated? I'd try to zero out the console (scene 0) and check if the problem happens. Also, is the console's firmware up to date?
Drummer and Sound Engineer for The Knutz.

James Loncaric

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:57:09 AM »

I use a LS9 with Stagemix and I never had any troubles like this. Are you connecting any device through MIDI? Or maybe the scene is automated? I'd try to zero out the console (scene 0) and check if the problem happens. Also, is the console's firmware up to date?

The console was zeroed recently and firmware is not most recent release, but previous. I don't automate scenes, less headaches no midi. We use 1-SB168-ES stagebox. (Sorry, forgot that in first post). It doesn't seem to be limited to a specific channel or mix, which is most perplexing. If it was easily recreated, I might be able to pinpoint issue.
                                                       Smiling James

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:23:38 AM »

The console was zeroed recently and firmware is not most recent release, but previous. I don't automate scenes, less headaches no midi. We use 1-SB168-ES stagebox. (Sorry, forgot that in first post). It doesn't seem to be limited to a specific channel or mix, which is most perplexing. If it was easily recreated, I might be able to pinpoint issue.

James, if it happened before you used StageMix, did you have another device networked with the mixer?  Laptop w/Studio Manager?  On a network with *any* other devices?

We have 2 M7 and neither have randomly set a mix send to any setting.  I think one of them is 7 years old, the other a little newer.

Now here's a thought... does this happen only in Sends on Fader mode?  I'm thinking bad faders (position reporting) conflicting with virtual control status... but I'm grasping at straws.

Absent something sending random commands to the desk via network connection, this sounds like a question for Yamaha.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

James Loncaric

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 03:56:40 AM »

James, if it happened before you used StageMix, did you have another device networked with the mixer?  Laptop w/Studio Manager?  On a network with *any* other devices?

We have 2 M7 and neither have randomly set a mix send to any setting.  I think one of them is 7 years old, the other a little newer.

Now here's a thought... does this happen only in Sends on Fader mode?  I'm thinking bad faders (position reporting) conflicting with virtual control status... but I'm grasping at straws.

Absent something sending random commands to the desk via network connection, this sounds like a question for Yamaha.

Hi Tim,

I didn't have other networked devices or programs running before Stage Mix. It seems to be some random hit. It is possible that it could be getting false position info on page changes, changing from main to mix view, for example. Or the simple act of opening a view. The fact that it sets to 0dB is indicative of a function/command activation. Thanks for that. It was a lingering idea that I was unable to verbalize. I have a show Sat. & Mon., I'll watch for this.
 I was hoping someone else may have experienced it for a couple of reasons. It might have been resolved and is easily repaired and it avoids me being the lone ranger attempting to describe an issue to Yamaha that up until the other evening, I thought was something I had done or failed to do.
We have a string of shows coming up and not much down time to experiment. I may try the latest firmware update and hope it self corrects. I honestly don't need answer if it works. Not indifferent, just burnt out on technological conundrums for this season.

Thanks for input. I'm still open to more and will post as I move towards solution.
                                                       Smiling James

Mike Eiseman

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 03:03:36 PM »

The console was zeroed recently and firmware is not most recent release, but previous. ...

James,

you mentioned that the console is not the current firmware.  the current version of StageMix updated on Dec 18 2013 and may not be compatible with that firmware version.  as you mentioned doing, i'd advise updating and ensuring all firmware and app versions are current.

Mike Eiseman
YCAS, Inc.

James Loncaric

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »

James,

you mentioned that the console is not the current firmware.  the current version of StageMix updated on Dec 18 2013 and may not be compatible with that firmware version.  as you mentioned doing, i'd advise updating and ensuring all firmware and app versions are current.

Mike Eiseman
YCAS, Inc.

Thanks Mike,
I'll work on this and let you know.
                                                       Smiling James

James Loncaric

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 04:32:52 PM »

James,

Mike Eiseman
YCAS, Inc.

Hi Mike,
I updated firmware and the app was already latest version. So far it seems to have alleviated the issue. Because of its random nature I remain cautiously optimistic. Hopefully this will be the end of it.
                                                       Smiling James

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 04:32:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.