ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ducking On X32 Aux Inputs  (Read 6546 times)

vunguyen

Ducking On X32 Aux Inputs
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:23:15 PM »

Hi All,
It seems that Dynamics processing isn't available on the aux inputs.  Is this true or did I miss something obvious?  I had a laptop audio outs connected to the aux inputs & wanted to set up ducking (sidechained to 1 of the vocal channels) but saw that Dynamics processing is not available for them.  I had to switch them to 2 of the the 32 mic pres.
TIA for your help.
Vu

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
Re: Ducking On X32 Aux Inputs
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »

Do you have any buses left?  I recently read that you can route a physical input to a bus insert in, and use it as a channel, complete with EQ and dynamics.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:57:26 PM »

It seems that Dynamics processing isn't available on the aux inputs.  Is this true or did I miss something obvious? 

It appears that you're correct.  I haven't checked on the X32 itself, but when I pull up the iPad app in demo mode, the gates and dynamics aren't available on the Aux inputs.   You did the correct thing by patching laptop into a pair of XLR inputs (through DI, I ASSume?)

Do you have any buses left?  I recently read that you can route a physical input to a bus insert in, and use it as a channel, complete with EQ and dynamics.

Tim, that doesn't look doable either.   The routing only gives you the option of changing which faders the XLR inputs come up on.   And you can only do it in blocks of 8, not individual channels.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

moishe zukerman

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:44:18 PM »

you can route the 1/4 aux or the usb card input to any of the 32 channels internally.

vunguyen

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »

you can route the 1/4 aux or the usb card input to any of the 32 channels internally.

Thanks all for your help.  I did find out that the aux inputs can be assigned to the internal channels.  I wanted to make sure that I missed something.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.