ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas M32  (Read 116044 times)

Chris Johnson [UK]

Re: Midas M32
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2014, 02:48:39 AM »

I keep expecting Yamaha to come out with LS-9 and 01v96 replacements, but...... who knows besides Yamaha.

Without saying anything about anything...

Remember that for most manufacturers who's brand is not primarily music (read: most console manufacturers), PL+S Frankfurt is where products get announced these days...

Riedel Communications

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2014, 06:52:22 AM »

I give up on the whole discussion. I've never owned a Midas board, worked on many, and even with the merger was able to give Midas boards the benefit of the doubt. However, you read back through this thread and others and it appears, at least IMO, that most people are writing Midas off on this board.

My final points would be that Behringer has not re-invented their reputation as it applies to their entire product line. They have made a successful effort to design and market a series of digital boards which have started to prove Behringer can appeal to and succeed within a more demanding consumer marketplace. Congratulations to them on this point. I wish Uli and his crew well with their endeavors as I now remove Midas from the pedestal I had put them on.   
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

michael sveda

• Greensboro, NC
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2014, 09:33:57 AM »

I only wish that Midas had upped the pre count to 40 or 48 mic pres.  Can the M32 mix more than 32 channels if additional stage boxes are added? 

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »

The amount of interest this SKU is generating suggests to me they will sell a few. Time will tell if they dissipate the Midas brand image, but that is the nature of such ownership relationships, and how you extract value from a high(er) brand owned by a lower brand.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2014, 10:18:22 AM »

That'd be really cool if it did [have POP groups]. I don't see them mentioned at all on the website, maybe we'll get a better look after NAMM?

Are you sure you're not misinterpreting the MCA functionality built into the i/Android monitoring app?

"M32 CUE includes an assignable MCA (Mix Control Association) feature that makes monitor mixing simple enough to be adjusted during performance."

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2014, 12:14:20 PM »

"Any thoughts on the "25 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses" listed as a feature on the M32? That was always a point of distinction for the Midas PRO series and discussed as a benefit over other digital consoles.

Is it the same on the X32?"

Yes, no difference there

Per -

What evidence do you have that the X-32 has this feature?  Phase coherency throughout the routing is a big deal and I have seen no mention of it in any of the literature, and doubt it exist in the X32. 

I'll be happy to be wrong here...

-Tim T

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2014, 12:18:44 PM »

The amount of interest this SKU is generating suggests to me they will sell a few. Time will tell if they dissipate the Midas brand image, but that is the nature of such ownership relationships, and how you extract value from a high(er) brand owned by a lower brand.

JR

Yepper, +1, etc.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2014, 12:43:10 PM »

I only wish that Midas had upped the pre count to 40 or 48 mic pres.  Can the M32 mix more than 32 channels if additional stage boxes are added?

Midas already makes high-channel count mixers for demanding clients.  Why would they poison their own well?

There has been no answer to another post's question about physical i/o assignment in 8 channel blocks with the M32, but I'll guess the answer is "it's the same as the X32" for the time being.  So long as you can make that work, you can have multiple Stage boxes connected via ASE50 and change the patching in scene recall, IIRC.  I haven't tried it with my X32 though, so can't say if it's seamless or presents other challenges.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2014, 02:31:17 PM »

Are you sure you're not misinterpreting the MCA functionality built into the i/Android monitoring app?

"M32 CUE includes an assignable MCA (Mix Control Association) feature that makes monitor mixing simple enough to be adjusted during performance."

I was just commenting on Doug's comment since he said it appears to have POP groups but I haven't seen anything saying that it does.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Art Williams

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »

Midas already makes high-channel count mixers for demanding clients.  Why would they poison their own well?

There has been no answer to another post's question about physical i/o assignment in 8 channel blocks with the M32, but I'll guess the answer is "it's the same as the X32" for the time being.  So long as you can make that work, you can have multiple Stage boxes connected via ASE50 and change the patching in scene recall, IIRC.  I haven't tried it with my X32 though, so can't say if it's seamless or presents other challenges.

My scene switching is seamless between inputs no problem, one stage AESa other AESb
However my Midas consoles seem to fall apart, my Behringers do not

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.