ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas M32  (Read 116037 times)

Chris Eddison

Re: Midas M32
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2014, 04:19:49 AM »

There has been no answer to another post's question about physical i/o assignment in 8 channel blocks with the M32, but I'll guess the answer is "it's the same as the X32" for the time being.
Unless of course Behringer built that limitation in to the X32 in order to provide market separation with the M32, which could be freely assignable? - Just a thought.

I don't necessarily think Midas have in any way "lowered themselves" with this product. Their product range is wide and covers a variety of wallet sizes. They've merely stretched their net a little lower down the market to an area they previously weren't appealing to. Ok they may lose a few customers from their smaller Pro consoles to the M32, but thinking the other way round, how many people who are working in the M32 end of the business would consider saving all that extra cash to get a Pro1? Probably very few, so without the M32 in their range Midas would have previously lost that business to other manufacturers.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »

Unless of course Behringer built that limitation in to the X32 in order to provide market separation with the M32, which could be freely assignable? - Just a thought.

Behringer representatives have repeatedly stated the limitation is due to hardware architecture, not a design implementation. 
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »

Tim,
Behringer reps seldom reply to any of the threads on this site, so if Behringer states anything I don't read here on this site the chances are that I, and many other people, won't know those facts.

Uli and his crew have their favorite sites, those being the sites most supportive of their products. When the X32 was first released I wrote a very nice email requesting information that was never answered, much like the questions often asked on PSW. Perhaps that's another reason my opinion is jaded. Regardless, I still don't have a dog in this fight other than to say it would be nice if someone from the Music Group were chime in on the Midas products once in a while.

And please note my posts concerning the M32 have been supportive, probably because in my mind the next step for myself and many other people would be to a Performer 1, M32, or similar desk, desks that appear to have the features and quality of a digital desk that was once only available for $10K or more.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »

Bob, both sandboxes are big enough for you.

Bennett Prescott's getting Uli Behringer to participate over at soundforums.net was a coup of marketing for both parties.  That the reception of SFN users was only moderately hostile to both brand and CEO is probably why Music Group staff participates mostly over there.  I can understand that propensity.

My emails to Joe and Jan received responses within a couple of days.  I have no idea why your experience was different.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

TJ (Tom) McDonald

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2014, 09:51:36 AM »

Guys.  It's an iLive.  Behringer owns Midas, so I don't think they're putting this out to compete with the X32.  To me, it seems pretty obvious that it's an iLive with the Midas name on it.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »

Tim,
Behringer reps seldom reply to any of the threads on this site, so if Behringer states anything I don't read here on this site the chances are that I, and many other people, won't know those facts.

Uli and his crew have their favorite sites, those being the sites most supportive of their products. When the X32 was first released I wrote a very nice email requesting information that was never answered, much like the questions often asked on PSW. Perhaps that's another reason my opinion is jaded. Regardless, I still don't have a dog in this fight other than to say it would be nice if someone from the Music Group were chime in on the Midas products once in a while.

And please note my posts concerning the M32 have been supportive, probably because in my mind the next step for myself and many other people would be to a Performer 1, M32, or similar desk, desks that appear to have the features and quality of a digital desk that was once only available for $10K or more.
Uli has been more publicly accessible than other CEOs of his stature I know of. I have seen his posts on several forums, especially during the early part of his charm offensive. I didn't expect it to last since he does have a very demanding full time job.

Be careful what you wish for, his answers are often long winded self promotional press release type quasi ad copy. He appears to have instructed his reps to manage the squeaky wheels on public forums and they have mostly succeeded.  I expect to still hear from him but less frequently in the future to promote new things with his personal messaging.   

Trying to verbally wrestle with unfriendly local opinion leaders on the sundry fora is a fools errand and poor use of his time, so he generally does not engage. While using his visibility to polish his brand image with expansive answers to simple questions. 

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2014, 11:08:41 AM »

Anybody want to share a bunk at Music Group City? Looks like a really progressive place. I am happy to buy my products from there.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2014, 11:14:48 AM »

Anybody want to share a bunk at Music Group City? Looks like a really progressive place. I am happy to buy my products from there.

Glorious worker paradise?

In other news, I just saw that Foxcon is considering a USA facility.  Maybe you won't have to immigrate, Jim.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:34:44 AM by Tim McCulloch »

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2014, 11:55:29 AM »

Tim,

Funny, there is this guy on soundforums that looks just like you  :P

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2014, 12:19:07 PM »

For those of you who own the X32 now... does any of this acutally matter?  I have had no issues with my X32 that I really see the benefit of a better fader.  <snip>

No, it doesn't fix any of the issues we "struggle" with. However, I don't think that is important from a marketing point of view. Preamps and faders has been a point of conversation and an issue for the sceptics all the time. Midas is addressing these two items, thus giving the sceptics a good reason for a rethink and a purchase. By hinting to 96 KHz processing and 192 KHz converters, they are also addressing the 48KHz sceptics. The firmware has never really been an issue, consensus is that it is a good mixer from a workflow and options point of view (for the most part), so Midas marketing is happy to be "exactly the same".

Still, if I was getting a second console, or if the present one ends up under a truck or something, I'll definitely have the M32 just for the looks and possibly the preamps, never mind the faders.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2014, 12:19:07 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.