ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heres yer phone case  (Read 4302 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jim McKeveny

Re: Heres yer phone case
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:07:52 AM »

With 1" foam please!

In the 70's "Anvil case" almost became a generic expression, like "Kleenex". Haven"t seen a genuine Anvil in years.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 02:06:29 PM »

Nice... except that I don't have an i-phone... Or any phone which isn't connected to a wall socket by a piece of wire.

Steve.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »

Nick Enright

• Detroit, MI
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 08:48:30 AM »

Nice... except that I don't have an i-phone... Or any phone which isn't connected to a wall socket by a piece of wire.

Steve.
I need to know how you manage this. I mean I remember the days before cell phones, I'm 39, and could surely get by with a landline in my office, and one in the tech booth. I just think that much of my work comes from the ability to communicate and research information almost instantly, most of the time.

(I leave mine at home once in a while, and refuse to answer or use it when inappropriate, but it landed at least one gig last week that I would have missed without it.)

thanks
Nick Enright
Owner / Engineer
Lyve Productions
Detroit, MI

Cosmo

• SR Forums
  • Northern Colorado, USA
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 04:58:46 PM »

I'm with ya, Steve.  I don't have a cel phone, but I do have a pager ($80/yr.) if somebody REALLY wants to get in touch with me immediately.  Otherwise they can leave a message on my answering machine at home.  Of course, I'm pretty much retired from show biz now.  When health insurance got astronomically expensive around the turn of the century, I went out and got a day job with full benefits.  But occasionally some band will want me to run sound.  As long as it's a few weeks out and fits my schedule, I'll usually do it.

I realize that for busy techs it is almost required these days to have a cel phone, but with the advent of built-in GPS I really don't trust the powers-that-be who seem to want to track everyone, everywhere.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.  - H.D. Thoreau

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »

I realize that for busy techs it is almost required these days to have a cel phone, but with the advent of built-in GPS I really don't trust the powers-that-be who seem to want to track everyone, everywhere.

A guy mentioned to me yesterday that he now CC the NSA on everything.  No searching, no eavesdropping. Keeps the cost of government down.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 12:12:57 PM »

Here's Steve and Cosmo a phone: Silent Circle's Blackphone. :-D Me I'll just keep my Nexus 4 and live knowing that Google and possibly the NSA knows where I'm at; IMO the convenience of a smartphone is worth it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 12:12:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.