ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Electro Voice ETX 2000w powered speakers!  (Read 20414 times)

Mike Sullivan

Re: New Electro Voice ETX 2000w powered speakers!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 02:45:11 PM »

If I remember correctly, only the three way is sporting the 60x40. The other three tops are all 90deg.

The rep said that EV will offer a bracket for the three ways that will splay two boxes side x side.

Price wise, sounds like they are priced higher than the PRX series. Closer to the KW line.

That will probably work for what I'm trying to do then.  I love the KW series, but the 75* box just doesn't give me a ton of options for two per side to go bigger.  I think the 35P's and the 18P's, 2 over 4 per side would work great, and I can always scale it down when I need it.  The smaller HF driver is going to probably be a downfall though, not sure yet.
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 04:07:33 PM »

The drivers are from our upper end installation and production loudspeakers. The subs use the same drivers from Phoenix series and are actually a step up from the X-Sub. The main speakers use the same components from the EVF installation boxes.
Chris,

I used the EVX line of woofers extensively, and all the specifications are still available on-line, but have not been able to find any TS parameters for the newer EV DVX-3180A.

Has the power handling or Xmax increased from the EVX?

The ETX-18SP appears to be tuned quite high (by today's sub standards) is the Fs higher on the DVX drivers than the EVX series?

Art

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 04:07:33 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.