ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Electro Voice ETX 2000w powered speakers!  (Read 20310 times)

Ian Appleby

New Electro Voice ETX 2000w powered speakers!
« on: January 23, 2014, 09:27:08 AM »

Ian Appleby
Dynacord Cobra 2 / EV Phoenix, ZX3 / A&H QU32

Jason Joseph

• Vibrant Soundz
    • VibrantSoundz.net

Scott Hibbard

Re: New Electro Voice ETX 2000w powered speakers!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 09:43:16 PM »

Very sadly, no PowerCon.

ScottH

Looks like it's supposed to compete with the PRX700 series, or at least fill the market just below them.  I love my ELX tops, but the subs were greatly lacking.  If EV learned their lesson and beefed them up to compete, I'm going to be quite interested on seeing where they go with it, and what the price points are...
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 12:23:50 AM »

Looks like it's supposed to compete with the PRX700 series, or at least fill the market just below them.  I love my ELX tops, but the subs were greatly lacking.  If EV learned their lesson and beefed them up to compete, I'm going to be quite interested on seeing where they go with it, and what the price points are...

The Subs actually looks really interesting. 15" and 18" both Cardioid with a supposed -30db on the back side.

Yorkville and Turbosound both have new Powered speaker lines as well.

Thomas Le

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 08:22:11 AM »

Most likely they would price it the same, I don't see why not. PRX700 is in the same price range as the Yamaha DSR also but Yamaha uses a 2 inch HF, we'll see how EV plays out...

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:54:58 PM »

The Subs actually looks really interesting. 15" and 18" both Cardioid with a supposed -30db on the back side.

Yorkville and Turbosound both have new Powered speaker lines as well.

The subs do look interesting, but they are trying the low profile boxes like QSC. I have no complaints about mine but there's just something about low profile subs I do not like...

Most likely they would price it the same, I don't see why not. PRX700 is in the same price range as the Yamaha DSR also but Yamaha uses a 2 inch HF, we'll see how EV plays out...

I'm intrigued to see as well. I have a small ELX set, and it has worked great so far, maybe these will be better. I just don't like the idea of digital control and all the integrated DSP controls.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 06:21:48 AM »

Anyone know if these are like the E "T" X and have just a mono amp with a passive crossover after to split to horn/woofer or are they true biamp with an amp for the woofer and one for the horn? The write up states.  "2000 W Class‑D power amplifier with integrated FIR‑Drive DSP " The way I read it is a single power amp.
Passive crossovers have come a long way and its not a deal breaker but it would be nice to know.

Douglas R. Allen

EDIT:  Changed to ETX
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:36:56 AM by Douglas R. Allen »

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 09:06:29 AM »

Anyone know if these are like the ELX and have just a mono amp with a passive crossover after to split to horn/woofer or are they true biamp with an amp for the woofer and one for the horn?

I think you are referring the the ZLX not ELX.  The ELX claim to be biamped on the website.

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 12:36:22 AM »

I just talked to my local dealer, he got to demo the ETX's, and they sound just as great as the ELX's if not better, and the three-way cabinets sound phenomenal.  Subs are also supposed to sound a lot better than the ELX's.  If that's true, I may put together a full ETX system and move the ELX's down to acoustic rental duty.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 12:36:22 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.