ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC touchmix  (Read 34328 times)

Mike Maly

Re: QSC touchmix
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 12:09:02 AM »

This seems like the way digital consoles will finally move out small analog mixers($800 and below). I personally, am excited about this format digital mixer from a retailer stand point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Maly Sound:
Hear the difference

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2014, 02:42:17 AM »

Seen numbers yet? Or a shipping date?
According to Behringer rep at NAMM, MAP will be $799.  Didn't see anything about shipping date.

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2014, 04:48:41 AM »

I played with this mixer at NAMM today.  It's very intuitive for a digital mixer.  Nothing is more than two menus deep.  Many selections allow you to limit the parameters to "simple" settings that give you only the basic.  This mixer appears to be all about basics and fundamentals, but has enough power to be a great little mixer.  I felt pretty comfortable with it after about 5 minutes.  I think once it hits the market (mid 2014) it will sell very well.

John Chiara

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2014, 04:21:38 PM »

I don't know about you, but I don't generally let my snakes dangle from their XLRs.

My snakes are in a doghouse but this isn't going to be in a flight case.
i can see it sitting on a bar table and IF the strain relief gets unhooked from where ever it might be a bit unstable....I could be wrong.

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »

As someone who owns and likes his DL1608 let me say that this is an obvious and IMHO very successful attempt at stealing that market. You can't compare this to mixers that cost twice as much in order to bash it and be taken seriously. Not everyone can afford a $3000 ditgital mixer.

First, no need to set up a router, no need to buy an iPad, but i would any way. Extra line inputs means 16 channels are actually 16 channels. $1299 plus 1 iPad =more functionality than the 1608 plus2  ipads and still cheaper.

It appears to have scene recall. Still haven't read all the literature yet but if aux sends can be pre or post fade and outputs have delay I'm selling my 1608 and buying one of these. End of story.

*Maybe - I see the x18 has programmable pre-amps. Biggest issue I have with 1608 is having to walk back to mixer to adjust pre-amps. Touch mix has same drawback. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:50:21 AM by Scott Olewiler »
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Misu Constantinescu

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2014, 04:13:14 AM »

It seems to me Line6 M20d is still better than this one, but at a higher price. And has dgital controllable preamps, which makes for a true full recall setup, doesn't need to manually set them..

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2014, 09:21:55 PM »

I think it's obvious that QSC missed the mark on this one. It is two years too late and They are not bending any rules. The only thing that seems cool is that you can direct to disk record multitracks without software. But then again Line 6 can do that with an SD-card. The built in IEM thing they mention seems like a moot point. They can all do that....... The only thing this has that others don't, is 10 auxiliary outs ( which is really more like 8 aux outs if you think about it ). The Behringer X18 ( when it comes out???? ) will also have the wireless connectivity built in. Like many things QSC, I'm sure it won't be at the most affordable price. Not that it's a bad thing, but when your competing directly against Mackie, Behringer and Line 6 ( which is a bit over priced for some reason ), you are in for a challenge. The Touchmix is just not impressive in any way; at least not in terms of performance over other similar devices.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

David Lovrien

• Dallas, TX
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2014, 10:45:06 PM »

I think it's obvious that QSC missed the mark on this one. It is two years too late and They are not bending any rules. The only thing that seems cool is that you can direct to disk record multitracks without software. But then again Line 6 can do that with an SD-card. The built in IEM thing they mention seems like a moot point. They can all do that....... The only thing this has that others don't, is 10 auxiliary outs ( which is really more like 8 aux outs if you think about it ). The Behringer X18 ( when it comes out???? ) will also have the wireless connectivity built in. Like many things QSC, I'm sure it won't be at the most affordable price. Not that it's a bad thing, but when your competing directly against Mackie, Behringer and Line 6 ( which is a bit over priced for some reason ), you are in for a challenge. The Touchmix is just not impressive in any way; at least not in terms of performance over other similar devices.
The things I'm attracted to are the form factor, the price and the attractiveness/simplicity of (what I've seen of) the screen interface.  What other 16ch digital mixers can give me this feature set in that small of a footprint?  And at $1299 I can sell my 2yo Presonus on Craigslist and get spend almost nothing out of pocket. (Not to mention the old Firewire laptop I have to keep running to run VSL and get iPad support.)  I watched some demos of the Line6 on YouTube and the interface didn't impress me.  I plan to give it a try, and it seems premature to say it's obviously missed the mark even before it hits the stores...

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »

Wow!  I could not disagree more!  How much time have you spent using the  QSC mixer before making such a harsh judgement?

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »

Wow!  I could not disagree more!  How much time have you spent using the  QSC mixer before making such a harsh judgement?

The same amount of time as he has spent mixing on the X18.

The built in IEM thing they mention seems like a moot point. They can all do that.

Hogwash. Show me another mixer where you can set up one independent headphone mix without burning auxes from the back, let alone two mixes.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.