ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pulled the trigger  (Read 5445 times)

Spenser Hamilton

Re: Pulled the trigger
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »

Won't need luck. Check feeBay and you'll see prices are still strong for lots of analog gear. I'll probably make money on my pcm60 and Effectron II.  8)

Watch eBay for a month or two and see how many times the same piece of gear gets relisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »

Watch eBay for a month or two and see how many times the same piece of gear gets relisted.

Yeah, the interest in analog & passive gear seems to have dropped off quite rapidly in the last 6 months.  I had always sold off equipment in the past locally through craigslist in 2-3 weeks, typically getting a few inquiries for details with a day of posting.  I am now sitting at 3 weeks on an equipment list with only one nibble.  I'm sure that it will sell eventually but it's taking much longer than it did even 6 months ago.

David Parker

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 03:50:42 PM »

Yeah, the interest in analog & passive gear seems to have dropped off quite rapidly in the last 6 months.  I had always sold off equipment in the past locally through craigslist in 2-3 weeks, typically getting a few inquiries for details with a day of posting.  I am now sitting at 3 weeks on an equipment list with only one nibble.  I'm sure that it will sell eventually but it's taking much longer than it did even 6 months ago.
I've got a couple of hundred pounds of analog gear that I'll likely have to sell that way, by the pound at the scrap yard. By the time ebay gets their cut, UPS gets their cut, and paypal gets their cut, there's not much left anyway. I've got a Yamaha LS-16 that got it's value cut in half with the advent of all the new digital mixers, and it probably will continue to sink in value. And I'm getting totally out of the business at the end of the year. The timing of the new mixers could not be worse for me.

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »

Patience is key. There are still plenty of folks looking for quality analog gear. The vintage stuff especially is always in demand. You know there's a resurgence in vinyl going on. And there are lots of weekend warriors out there who are afraid of, or just not interested in digital.
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 08:00:02 PM »

Also, If you know of someone or institution worthy, put a good analog rig together for them.  Much better than scrapping it.

Just keep in mind you will own them and the gear for the rest of your life. 

Sent from my To Be Filled By O.E.M. using Tapatalk
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 08:00:02 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.