ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folding Stool for FOH Use  (Read 2917 times)

Dave Gunnell

Folding Stool for FOH Use
« on: March 01, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »

Hi All:

I am looking for a padded stool to use at FOH.  Would prefer a folding design, tall enough so I'm close to "standing" height (30" or so), with an actual seat on top (as opposed to a piece of canvas like you take camping).  I've seen some guys around with nice stools, but no one can remember where they got them...

Dave

Marcus Thiel

• otonmusic.de
Re: Folding Stool for FOH Use
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »

Hi All:

I am looking for a padded stool to use at FOH.  Would prefer a folding design, tall enough so I'm close to "standing" height (30" or so), with an actual seat on top (as opposed to a piece of canvas like you take camping).  I've seen some guys around with nice stools, but no one can remember where they got them...

Dave

http://produkte.k-m.de/de/SitzeBaenke-und-Stehhilfen/Stehhilfen/14044-14045-Stehhilfe-schwarz-Stoff

its a german page but i think you will also get them elsewhere. Used one for about 10 Years, really appreciate it.

Chris Trupe

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 06:07:50 PM »

Love the Roc N Soc seat...

http://rocnsoc.com/new/product-line/nitro-throne

NRX 30" is perfect

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 06:20:34 PM »

I use the K&M 14045.  It works well.
Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »

I have one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Audio2000S-AST4201-Heavy-Duty-Foam-Padded-Adjustable/dp/B000OYSF40

The bottom folds and the rest disassembles. It is adjustable, it takes a little bit to figure out what works best for you. It doesn’t adjust on the fly, you have to put it together the way you want it to be. No tools needed. The back support is removable so you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. It is not the most comfortable stool out there, padding is a little bit hard for my scrawny butt. I am still transporting it in the box it came in. The box is starting to fall apart so I need to come up with a better way to transport it.

When doing theater jobs with a mix platform (where I am there for a week or two) we have just been bringing a drafting chair. Basically it’s a tall office chair. It is very comfortable and height adjustable to a degree and the wheels help to bump it out of the way without knocking it over. But it takes up a lot of transportation space. But these jobs aren’t that far from the shop.   

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »

IIRC, the nice thing about the K&M is that you can have the seat flat and sit on it, or you can tilt the seat and lean against it (gives part of your bum a little rest, but still better than standing upright).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.