ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu new  (Read 11639 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Qu new
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »

Marty America told me about the NAMM release of "something" new for/with the Qu-16 on the 23rd.  Curious as a cat and hoping that whoever first learns anything verifiable will post it here.   It would seem that it would be fairly major rather than just a tweak or two now that pretty much all the promised features have been accomplished with V1.2.

Of course if it's full implementation of the AR2412 I'll be stuck looking for the $$$ to get the stage box...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Qu new
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 10:11:31 AM »

Marty America told me about the NAMM release of "something" new for/with the Qu-16 on the 23rd.  Curious as a cat and hoping that whoever first learns anything verifiable will post it here.   It would seem that it would be fairly major rather than just a tweak or two now that pretty much all the promised features have been accomplished with V1.2.

Of course if it's full implementation of the AR2412 I'll be stuck looking for the $$$ to get the stage box...

I went on to the A & H website yesterday and noticed something there ' NU QU - Namm 2014 - booth 6464'  but no details..... mmmm
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:58:31 AM »

The price of a Qu16 + Ar2412 is getting close to a GLD80 with a free AR2412, well, within 2K anyway.
Mark McFarlane

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »

I'm pretty sure they are announcing expansion of the line with a 24 and a 32. Looks like they are going to go head to head with x32 for not much more $$$. There have been rumors of this for a while and that's what I think is going to happen. It's also time for a ILive update but I think they are a ways off on that although I wish it would come by summer.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:41:00 AM by Thomas Lamb »
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:59:25 AM »

I'm pretty sure they are announcing expansion of the line with a 24 and a 32. Looks like they are going to go head to head with x32 for not much more $$$.

I hope this is the direction they're heading. Even better if it's physically the same size as the current Qu-16.

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 06:15:19 PM »

I hope this is the direction they're heading. Even better if it's physically the same size as the current Qu-16.

Good point maybe even a QU32 and a QU32 compact!
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Scott Bolt

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 08:08:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure they are announcing expansion of the line with a 24 and a 32. Looks like they are going to go head to head with x32 for not much more $$$. There have been rumors of this for a while and that's what I think is going to happen. It's also time for a ILive update but I think they are a ways off on that although I wish it would come by summer.
Never thought I would hear it in that order ;)

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »

Good point maybe even a QU32 and a QU32 compact!

This, especially "compact" versions in racks, with good wireless interfaces, strikes me as the wave of the future.

Still trying to scrape together cash for a QU-16...

Best regards,

John

Philip Rasmus

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 11:40:23 PM »

Looks to be a QU-24 according to Allen & Heath Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/AllenHeathUS

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 04:13:43 AM »

Looks to be a QU-24 according to Allen & Heath Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/AllenHeathUS

So it would seem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 04:13:43 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.