ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise gate for close quarters  (Read 11449 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Noise gate for close quarters
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 02:32:14 PM »

I had a good chuckle at this one. Sounds like you've been involved in church music :). What makes things more tricky here is that it's a catholic church. Music is not supposed to be the main focal point. So, we're shoved off into a corner. Fortunately, good music is valued so I do have a decent sound system and a good equipment. But, I can't propose a stage or anything terribly obtrusive. :).
But, I do have some latitude and a relatively open-minded pastor.
Thanks
Dan

If the Rector is happy, you will get what you need.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »

Dan, to my ear 3-6 db of gain reduction on a couple of channels vis an expander is far more effective in a live mix than trying for isolation. Too many techs take it way too far.

I would also suggest carefully listening to those channels in some headphones. What specifically in the drum monitor is bleeding? Does it have to be that loud? can you deal with it by eq? Etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Dan Crocker

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »

Thanks. I'll play with this as well.
Dan

Dan, to my ear 3-6 db of gain reduction on a couple of channels vis an expander is far more effective in a live mix than trying for isolation. Too many techs take it way too far.

I would also suggest carefully listening to those channels in some headphones. What specifically in the drum monitor is bleeding? Does it have to be that loud? can you deal with it by eq? Etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 07:13:05 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.