ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: lake 5.8 with surface pro 8.1 does not wrk ahh please help  (Read 14068 times)

Victor Pruitt

lake 5.8 with surface pro 8.1 does not wrk ahh please help
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:30:40 PM »

so i decided to finally get a proper tablet (surface pro l) to run lake software. loading lake 5.8 to run my dolby it opens the app and immedietly freezes     anyone have any experience with this   ahh  so frusterating   

I've tried compatibility modes, screen res changes update to 8.1 all the same problem

Tyler Payne

Re: lake 5.8 with surface pro 8.1 does not wrk ahh please help
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 07:37:14 PM »

The trick for me was to check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" box in the Lake controller properties (compatibility tab). HOWEVER I am using Lake controller V.1.61, not 5.8; so your issue may not be fixed by this. Also using MS Surface Pro 8.1.

Victor Pruitt

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 12:12:16 AM »

sadly did not work

Joakim Hammar

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:05:43 AM »

sadly did not work

I have not managed to get Lake Controller 5.8 to work on Windows 8.1 either and I very much doubt there will be an update to fix it either.

v6.1 works fine though but then you can't use any legacy Lake products.

Doug Johnson

• Rhoadesville, VA
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 07:57:33 AM »

Have you tried reloading the program using the Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter? 

Laurens Evers

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 07:15:32 AM »

Same problem here.. Does anyone already know the solution.. I can't imagine that 5.8 will not be able to work @ windows 8.1

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 07:43:09 AM »

Same problem here.. Does anyone already know the solution.. I can't imagine that 5.8 will not be able to work @ windows 8.1

Please go to your profile and change your display name to your real full name as required by the rules here.

jensmcvoy

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »

I have finally got this thing working!!

First, right click on the short cut tht starts the program and go to properties.
Bring up the file path and name. it ends with .exe"
type in a space, then emulation

Second, go to the lake directory itself where the application reside. Right click on it. A dialog box will come up. Scroll down to troubleshoot countability. try recommended settings. It will default to Windows 7. Thats what you want.

Go to the desk top and try the lake program. Let it go until it chokes. Then restart the machine. Try it again. It should work

Cheers

Jens

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »

Hope it was worth it Jens.  What is it about the Lake controller that makes it so flaky for so many people?  I run a number of device control programs in both Windows & Mac and none as as poorly implemented and temperamental as the LAke app.

I have finally got this thing working!!
 … buncha Windoze voodoo snipped ...

Jens

jensmcvoy

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 04:08:01 PM »

We've had pretty good luck with it. We have had Lake product since it was released from sole proprietorship by Clair and anyone could get it. But there is the problem. We still have MESA's and DLP's in our rig, and the newest versions of the control software only see Lab Gruppen Product (fair enough).

But Our 9 year old motion computing tablets are almost dead, and I kind of have to go with what the Feds can get me. But it seems pretty stable now, it just took a little time to get there! FWIW.... it took a little time to get the motion computing tablets going on our then new production network as well!

Nice to hear from you Ed!!!!

Peace,

Jens

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »

Hope it was worth it Jens.  What is it about the Lake controller that makes it so flaky for so many people?  I run a number of device control programs in both Windows & Mac and none as as poorly implemented and temperamental as the LAke app.
5.8 and previous versions where made in the winXP era and live by pre-programmed workarounds that only work in XP and shouldn't have been there in the first place. Running the software in anything other than XP or resolutions higher than 1024x768 confuses the software  ;D
6.0 and up is programmed in a way modern software works.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.