ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Impressed, now further Danley talk  (Read 10679 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Impressed, now further Danley talk
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 09:08:39 PM »

One thing that I was thinking of: what is a cost effective subwoofer addition to the SH96's?  If the plan goes through, our church will mostly likely purchase a Danley subwoofer or subwoofers and leave them set up so the school can use them as well.  It looks like we might be forced to run split subs under the flown speakers (instead of a center cluster).  Maybe a DBH218 per side or two TH118's per side?  My original intent was a BC415 in the middle.  I don't know that it will fly because of "looks." Although, smaller centered subs would be acceptable.

Thanks
I would suggest (if the SH96s would be pushed) a pair of TH118s or a single DBH218 for each SH96.

If the budget is not there then a single TH118 per SH96 would do a good job.

A single BC415 would offer the most SPL/dollar ratio-so maybe you can move the BC415 out into the room and fire it down (depending on a lot of things this may or may not work).

I have done this type of thing a number of times and it works great-as long as the full range  cabinet is capable of going down to 50 or 60Hz which the SH96 is.

Here's hoping it all goes through for you.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

David Hoover

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »

I would suggest (if the SH96s would be pushed) a pair of TH118s or a single DBH218 for each SH96.

If the budget is not there then a single TH118 per SH96 would do a good job.

A single BC415 would offer the most SPL/dollar ratio-so maybe you can move the BC415 out into the room and fire it down (depending on a lot of things this may or may not work).

I have done this type of thing a number of times and it works great-as long as the full range  cabinet is capable of going down to 50 or 60Hz which the SH96 is.

Here's hoping it all goes through for you.

Awesome.  That's all consistent based on what I have been hearing and researching.  Thank you!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.