ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: it seems earbuds are overpriced  (Read 9916 times)

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
Re: it seems earbuds are overpriced
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 08:46:20 PM »

+1
I look at it as a percentage of what my iems cost versus what I make using them. They are not very expensive at all.

+2, I was in the same boat, mixed monitors with Shure 535s for years, finally decided to bite the bullet and got some JHPro13 and never looked back. Biggest mistake was not getting a "pro" set of ears sooner.

If this is something you are doing for a living it is a very small price to pay.
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Roland Clarke

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 05:35:57 PM »

How about this from monoprice?  I bough a few to try them, but my kids don't let me use them :)

Here is the link. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq=1&format=2&p_id=8320&CAWELAID=1329456792&catargetid=320013720000010635&cadevice=t&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CPSRqJOR9bsCFQISMwodMVwAJQ

I bought both these and the Panasonic 120's as an experiment.  I have a client that uses ears for a Samba band and often there are always people that turn up without their own ears and we need some.  Whilst I would agree with the post below that a decent investment in custom ear buds is money well spent, the Panasonic and Monoprice are usable as semi-disposable standby's.  Having tried both, I would say that the Panasonic's are marginally more comfortable, however, the Monoprice have a more balanced sound with a surprising amount of detail, amazing considering the price.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 05:35:57 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.