ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source for a Fender Quad back panel ?  (Read 1637 times)

Bruce Canan

• St. Louis
Source for a Fender Quad back panel ?
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »

I'm finally finishing off a project started several years ago.  I acquired a Quad, did a cap job, tubes and Weber Californias (tried to attach a pic but the file is too big).  Gigged it once and it was too heavy and loud and it went into storage. Now looking to finish it off.  Anyone point me in a direction to try and find the rear panel covering the tubes?  Thanks.....

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: Source for a Fender Quad back panel ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 02:16:25 PM »

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Back-Panels-Blackface-Style

From the Fender Field Guide, the Quad Reverb is 26 1/2" wide, whereas I believe the Twin Reverb is 26", so that back panel won't fit. Worth measuring, as I had always thought the Quad was the same width, in case you could use a Twin back.

JD Newell does custom cabs, and built my Bandmaster 2x12 combo cab (the amp that never was). Great work and reasonable prices. I'd contact him and he could do a custom back. www.newellamps.com

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 03:10:12 PM »

What Ned said.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 03:14:20 PM »

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100071520/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

As for the amp being heavy, get one of these and never worry about getting the amp around again. I can take my Bandmaster, Showman and Tremolux in 1 trip, or 5 QSC HPR122i's in 1 trip. Your back will thank you...

Bruce Canan

• St. Louis
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:41:22 AM »

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100071520/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

As for the amp being heavy, get one of these and never worry about getting the amp around again. I can take my Bandmaster, Showman and Tremolux in 1 trip, or 5 QSC HPR122i's in 1 trip. Your back will thank you...

Thanks gentlemen! The four wheeler is an essential piece of gear at age 61. Although I have four pre-73 Fenders to choose from I recently have been motivated to just grab and go with a Mikey Soldano designed Yamaha T50 combo I picked up last year. Put a K 120 in it and it's serves me well for small rooms (had to go with 12at7s up front to get it clean enough). It sits in the passenger seat just fine.
I am going to try and chase down the back panel for the Quad, thanks for the links.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:41:22 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.