ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crossover Connections?  (Read 7607 times)

Justin Smith

Crossover Connections?
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:10:02 PM »

I have a Behringer EP4000, Behringer EP2000, Behringer CX2310 Crossover, two Behringer VP2520s, and a Behringer VP1800S. I will be connecting it in stereo 2-way mode through the crossover. So my question is do I connect the tall VP2520s to the high or low outputs of the crossover? The subwoofer has its own output, but I am confused whether the VP2520s are considered "high" or "low".

Travis_Valois

Re: Crossover Connections?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 11:58:51 PM »

I have a Behringer EP4000, Behringer EP2000, Behringer CX2310 Crossover, two Behringer VP2520s, and a Behringer VP1800S. I will be connecting it in stereo 2-way mode through the crossover. So my question is do I connect the tall VP2520s to the high or low outputs of the crossover? The subwoofer has its own output, but I am confused whether the VP2520s are considered "high" or "low".
\

Without seeing a block diagram of this particular crossover, it's hard to say.

From what I can make from the manual, the only way you would be able to have a single mono sub and stereo tops would be to run the subs from the subwoofer output, and the tops from the high output, but the trick would be having to adjust the crossover point of the subwoofer output and the crossover point of the high out to give you a properly configured crossover point between the two.

Maybe someone else with this particular unit will be able to be more help than me.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 12:31:52 AM »

With this crossover you have 2 connection options for the speaker systems you have.

1) connect the mains(vp2520) to L and R high outputs and the sub to either the L or R low output.

2)connect the mains(vp2520) to L and R high outputs and the sub to the subwoofer output.

In both cases all crossover frequency controls must be set to the same frequency which will be somewhere in the 80-100hz region, and start with all the gain controls on the crossover at unity. The only difference between these two options is that option 2 feeds the sub a combined mono composite of both L and R inputs while with option 1 it will only get the L or R signal. Not the end of the world either way since there aren't a lot of recordings where the bass isn't the same on both sides anyway so both configurations should sound the same.

Justin Smith

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 12:26:50 PM »

With this crossover you have 2 connection options for the speaker systems you have.

1) connect the mains(vp2520) to L and R high outputs and the sub to either the L or R low output.

2)connect the mains(vp2520) to L and R high outputs and the sub to the subwoofer output.

In both cases all crossover frequency controls must be set to the same frequency which will be somewhere in the 80-100hz region, and start with all the gain controls on the crossover at unity. The only difference between these two options is that option 2 feeds the sub a combined mono composite of both L and R inputs while with option 1 it will only get the L or R signal. Not the end of the world either way since there aren't a lot of recordings where the bass isn't the same on both sides anyway so both configurations should sound the same.

So would this do the trick? Sorry if the "wires" are hard to follow.

Kyle van dyk

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »

So would this do the trick? Sorry if the "wires" are hard to follow.

Hi, sorry to bring up an old post. But I'm looking at buying the same behringer crossover. In the picture you've posted showing how you would connect it. It shows the mixer input on the one side of the crossover....but on the other side it says not used. But you have labelled mixer input, but on the actual crossover it doesn't say input. Sorry it sounds a bit confusing but I can't find two inputs on this crossover?

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 01:02:06 PM »

The crossover can be configured for stereo 2-way, or mono 3-way operation.

In mono 3-way operation, the second input is not used.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Kyle van dyk

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »

The crossover can be configured for stereo 2-way, or mono 3-way operation.

In mono 3-way operation, the second input is not used.

Chris

Thanks Chris that helps, cheers!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.