ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: new member first post  (Read 5688 times)

Andy Olsen

Re: new member first post
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 09:28:07 AM »

Thanks everyone!

I appreciate all the helpful advice.

Turns out that the band leader is gonna go back to EMI (our local shop that's selling off some rental stock)
and exchange the board (Soundcraft EPM-8) for a slightly better cheap board (Mackie Pro FX16).

The new board has built in effects and 2 aux sends, I guess. So I think my issue is solved. YAH!!!!!

The first gigs have production so I have a week to figure stuff out, but I do have another question if I can
take this post in a new direction?

In ear monitoring.

Have any of you who are musicians or techs used ears, and if so what do you think?
I'll search the site because I'm sure this is a topic that has been discussed.

Our guitarist use a cheap Shure rig, I (the bassist) generally put heavy ear plugs in and stand in front of my amp.
The head effect of being able to hear myself (when you put your fingers in your ears, you know what I mean?) is
all I need on the gig usually. The drummer is used to bad monitoring, so anything will be an improvement.

Our drummer has some big heavy Yamaha 15+horn boxes that we will use to start,but I'm thinking wired in ears
might be possible. I'll check out the Rolls products you guys suggested. Thanks again for the input.

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »

In ear monitoring.

Have any of you who are musicians or techs used ears, and if so what do you think?
I'll search the site because I'm sure this is a topic that has been discussed.
Andy... check out this thread...
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,147640.0.html

and these.. offsite
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/79403-ear-monitors.html
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/60484-best-custom-iems-live-use.html

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:00:17 AM by Steve.Oldridge »

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 12:29:46 PM »

Our drummer has some big heavy Yamaha 15+horn boxes that we will use to start,but I'm thinking wired in ears
Andy,

In ear monitors can eliminate the reflected stage monitor sound, so the house sound is much better, and does not have to be as loud to "get over" the monitor garbage.

Get the drummer on in ears, or gaffer tape headphones on his head like Kieth Moon.
Gordy Knutson, great Minneapolis drummer with Steve Miller invented the GK Ultraphones, he prefers wearing them to in ears because the in ears tended to pop out. The look is rather industrial...

In ears (or even GK Ultraphones) won't give the feel of two 15", but a ButtKicker (or other brands) transducer on the drum stool can give more tactile feel without messing with the house sound.

If Jim Giesler or his son are still at EMI say hi from Art.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 12:29:46 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.