ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CrewSpace Invitation?  (Read 1643 times)

Jesse Markley

CrewSpace Invitation?
« on: January 15, 2014, 05:29:23 PM »

Hello, My name is jesse I am a live audio major and have done a few productions. I am very interested in doing live audio for touring and came across this website called "Crewspace" and i was wondering if anyone had any invitations for crewspace. My work email is [email protected] if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Jesse

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: CrewSpace Invitation?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »

Hello, My name is jesse I am a live audio major and have done a few productions. I am very interested in doing live audio for touring and came across this website called "Crewspace" and i was wondering if anyone had any invitations for crewspace. My work email is [email protected] if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Jesse

Crewspace is largely a non-contender these days (or so I'm told, I'm not a member) as most of the social networking has moved to the generic social media sites and the influx of users who were not part of the target audience (touring road crew) diluted the value to the original users.  Giving you, someone unknown to most of us, an invitation would be at odds with the purpose of CrewSpace, too.  In this industry, it's not what you know; it's not who you know... it's who knows YOU.

FWIW, the LAB Lounge and other forums here were outgrowths of the Live Audio Board (or LAB), originally founded to be a community of full time system operators, band engineers and similar folks.  As popularity of the LAB increased so did the number of users who were clearly not at the same level as the founding members, so over the course of investors and selling of the site the various other forums were added.  CrewSpace didn't have such a luxury as "crew" to them was pretty tightly defined.  The distribution of invitations to folks who didn't meet the definition screwed their product and MyFace and the other personal info-gathering schemes swept up their users.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: CrewSpace Invitation?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.