ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dugan Automixer as a Waves Plugin!  (Read 15642 times)

Mark McFarlane

Re: Dugan Automixer as a Waves Plugin!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 03:34:34 AM »

I'm very interested to learn if it is possible to get a post fader insert signal into the software from an X32.  I already run Waves Multirack Native on a dedicated MacBook Pro Retina via firewire on the X32 and it has been rock solid.

JP

JP, what kind of agency are you getting on this setup?

FWIW, I just bought a Dante card for my new GLD112, primarily to record and for virtual soundcheck, and am now thinking I should have gone with a Waves solution for about the same money, but with additional functionality.
Mark McFarlane

John Penkala

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 12:57:12 PM »

JP, what kind of agency are you getting on this setup?

FWIW, I just bought a Dante card for my new GLD112, primarily to record and for virtual soundcheck, and am now thinking I should have gone with a Waves solution for about the same money, but with additional functionality.

Do you mean latency? I am getting 8.54ms round trip with "zero latency plugins" via firewire.  To calculate additional latency take the latency in samples and divide by the sample rate. For example, a plugin with a latency of 96 samples at a sample rate of 48K is 96/48000=.002 (2ms). BTW I have had problems with high latency plugins in IEM mixes but never a problem at FOH.

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »

The waves card for Yamaha adds 2ms of latency to the digital roundtrip.

This means that if you take the console (say a CL1) and include a waves card, and go through a C6, the resulting analog to analog latency is about 5ms. In this instance its approximately 2ms for the console, 2ms for waves, 1ms for the plugin chain.
Riedel Communications

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 02:06:35 PM »

Do you mean latency? ..

Yep,...Damn auto spell checkers.
Mark McFarlane

John Penkala

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »

Yep,...Damn auto spell checkers.

Mark,
         I believe you can still use Waves Multirack via Dante Virtual Soundcard. If you have DVS, you should download the demo of Multirack and some Waves plugins and try them out.

JP

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 10:16:56 AM »

Mark,
         I believe you can still use Waves Multirack via Dante Virtual Soundcard. If you have DVS, you should download the demo of Multirack and some Waves plugins and try them out.

JP

Thanks John. I think it will work also but from what I have read I suspect the Dante interface latency will make it all but unusable except for verbs and delays where the few extra ms of latency isn't an issue.  I just received my new GLD console and I have a lot of stuff to master before I start playing with the 'nice to have' features.  I have a decent investment already in Waves Native plug-ins so eventually (in a few months perhaps) I will test it.

I'm suspecting this solution only works with Waves Native plugins. What I'd really to to use live is my Sonnox TransMod plugin which is awesome for sculpting transients for drums, acoustic guitar pick/attack (more or less),...
Mark McFarlane

John Penkala

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:49 PM »

Thanks John. I think it will work also but from what I have read I suspect the Dante interface latency will make it all but unusable except for verbs and delays where the few extra ms of latency isn't an issue.  I just received my new GLD console and I have a lot of stuff to master before I start playing with the 'nice to have' features.  I have a decent investment already in Waves Native plug-ins so eventually (in a few months perhaps) I will test it.

I'm suspecting this solution only works with Waves Native plugins. What I'd really to to use live is my Sonnox TransMod plugin which is awesome for sculpting transients for drums, acoustic guitar pick/attack (more or less),...

You are correct. Multirack only works with Waves plugins. I use the Waves Trans X plugin for anything I would use a Transient Designer on.

-JP

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 02:49:01 AM »

.... What I'd really to to use live is my Sonnox TransMod plugin which is awesome for sculpting transients for drums, acoustic guitar pick/attack (more or less),...

At NAMM A&H announced v 1.4 firmware with scene crossfading, multiband compression, dynamic eq, and a transient controller. Life is good.  Availability feb: http://community.allen-heath.com/archives/37240
Mark McFarlane

John Penkala

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »

At NAMM A&H announced v 1.4 firmware with scene crossfading, multiband compression, dynamic eq, and a transient controller. Life is good.  Availability feb: http://community.allen-heath.com/archives/37240

Are those available on every channel as inserts or do you have to use one of your effects slots? Behringer released V2 for the X32 at NAMM this week with quite a few upgrades. Unfortunately, to use their CL2 compressor or transient designer models you must use an effects slot.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »

Are those available on every channel as inserts or do you have to use one of your effects slots? Behringer released V2 for the X32 at NAMM this week with quite a few upgrades. Unfortunately, to use their CL2 compressor or transient designer models you must use an effects slot.

Based on the look of the GUIs in the teaser, and on the amount of compute cycles needed to implement multi-band compression and dynamic EQ, I'm guessing these are for effects slots only.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.