ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie TT24 opinions  (Read 2241 times)

Garry Wilson

• Laurel, MD
    • 98.6 Sound
Mackie TT24 opinions
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »

Just curious on the mixer. I've noticed that I've never really seen much talk about this mixer, even though it was out before the current batch of affordable digital mixers. I jumped on the LS9 and the SL16/24 when they came out, but for some reason, this mixer never crossed my mind as a purchase. I'm sure it was cheaper than a LS9, which took a lot for me to acquire as a weekend warrior.

I bring it up because my brother wants me to check out his church's sound system and this is the board they have. I've never run across one. I felt Mackie had good products for its price point. Wondering why this product didn't hit like the LS9, StudioLive and now X32, Compact/Expression mixers. Maybe it did and I just missed it. How much did it cost?

Garry W
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:11:01 AM by Garry Wilson »
Garry W.
CTS, SBE-CEV, A+
www.986sound.com

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Mackie TT24 opinions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:35:01 PM »

Just curious on the mixer. I've noticed that I've never really seen much talk about this mixer, even though it was out before the current batch of affordable digital mixers. I jumped on the LS9 and the SL16/24 when they came out, but for some reason, this mixer never crossed my mind as a purchase. I'm sure it was cheaper than a LS9, which took a lot for me to acquire as a weekend warrior.

I bring it up because my brother wants me to check out his church's sound system and this is the board they have. I've never run across one. I felt Mackie had good products for its price point. Wondering why this product did hit like the LS9, StudioLive and now X32, Compact/Expression mixers. Maybe it did and I just missed it. How much did it cost?

Garry W
The Mackie was about $6000, IIRC.  Many units had reliability problems, and that pretty much killed the product.  Resale value is VERY low on them.

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:36:14 PM »

My church had one before we got a Roland M-400.

It was noisier than the Roland, and the screen is small so we basically always had the offline editor/remote software up on a computer next to the board. The motorized faders weren't quite as smooth as newer digital mixers.

Other than that I liked it. I really liked the built in effects actually, really easy to dial in a good delay or reverb.

The board definitely felt a lot more "analog" than the newer digital desks I've used, kind of like the Presonus boards.

The reason we ditched ours was because the board overheated and dumped all of our settings...twice.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

David Parker

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 10:56:03 PM »

I bring it up because my brother wants me to check out his church's sound system and this is the board they have. I've never run across one. I felt Mackie had good products for its price point. Wondering why this product did hit like the LS9, StudioLive and now X32, Compact/Expression mixers. Maybe it did and I just missed it. How much did it cost?

Garry W

A friend had one and i was going to buy it. I tried it out. Set it up at the house to learn to run it, and it went crazy. Come to find out, it had already been worked on twice when I got it. Glad I didn't buy it. The big thing was, they are HUGE and heavy. Among all the other drawbacks that have been mentioned, it's HUGE up beside all the more recent models.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 10:56:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 23 queries.