ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice sought....  (Read 10719 times)

Steve Oldridge

Re: Advice sought....
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 10:07:15 PM »

I can so relate to this!  I played bass as a fill in with a group of older guys running through a six channel Sunn PA with two twelve inch two ways featuring three piezos across the top sitting on folding chairs, and no monitors, all of it circa 1975.  My mantra for the evening was "keep quiet and play".  At the end of the night, when I put two covers on a rack and rolled out a single cab, I remembered why.  It's still hard not to fix or improve a situation when you know you can.
That is some seriously old stuff.. and yeah, I'm going to have to jump into the fray with my guys before too long. Been quiet for 6+ months.

Well, the guys have decided on the first step. Looks like they are able to get a sweet deal on some PSM200's (budget is always an issue) and are going to buy 4 of them. I don't have to buy anything as I have a complete wireless rig (for me) including the 16.4.2 to run it (and FOH). Waiting on my new IEM's to arrive and replace my Westone's.

Also looks like they plan on [initially] trying "shared" mixes using those 2 AUX outs on the Mackie. Hopefully they will do this at rehearsals FIRST, and learn that you can't have more ME in your ears without adding more YOU into someone else's mix and that not everything needs to be in the mix.

I could solve the issue right away with a 16-ch 1/4" to XLR stage snake and jack from the inserts on the Mackie into the 16.4.2 and give everyone their own IEM mix + FAT channel + effects, and let them use the Mackie for FOH. Should be easy to note the differences in their ears..  ;D

We'll see.. will keep this update on the outcomes as I'm sure there's other folks in the lounge whose bands are going thru this also.

Rob Gow

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »

That is some seriously old stuff.. and yeah, I'm going to have to jump into the fray with my guys before too long. Been quiet for 6+ months.

Well, the guys have decided on the first step. Looks like they are able to get a sweet deal on some PSM200's (budget is always an issue) and are going to buy 4 of them. I don't have to buy anything as I have a complete wireless rig (for me) including the 16.4.2 to run it (and FOH). Waiting on my new IEM's to arrive and replace my Westone's.

Also looks like they plan on [initially] trying "shared" mixes using those 2 AUX outs on the Mackie. Hopefully they will do this at rehearsals FIRST, and learn that you can't have more ME in your ears without adding more YOU into someone else's mix and that not everything needs to be in the mix.

I could solve the issue right away with a 16-ch 1/4" to XLR stage snake and jack from the inserts on the Mackie into the 16.4.2 and give everyone their own IEM mix + FAT channel + effects, and let them use the Mackie for FOH. Should be easy to note the differences in their ears..  ;D

We'll see.. will keep this update on the outcomes as I'm sure there's other folks in the lounge whose bands are going thru this also.

Add a Mac to the StudioLive, have all the band members download the Qmix app and they can have individual control of their IEM mix.

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »

Add a Mac to the StudioLive, have all the band members download the Qmix app and they can have individual control of their IEM mix.
Yes, thank you. Aware of that. Don't need a Mac.. will work well with Win laptop + wireless modem.
I have to get it thru the door first :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 08:51:30 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.