ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha nhb32-c issue  (Read 1561 times)

Tom Petrusky

Yamaha nhb32-c issue
« on: January 28, 2014, 04:32:47 PM »

Does any one have any experience with the Yamaha NHB32-c network controller, I keep getting the run around and figured this would be a good place to check. I have the entire network built around the nhb32-c and working for audio flowing from input of the ad8hr's to the actual channels of the console. However it is all useless without HA control, the issue I see is that discovery cannot change any variables on the nhb32-c at all and amp manager via usb does not have any actual functioning with the data protocol that is running. I realize only one protocol is allowed at one time but how do you tell the unit to do the head amp remote and not program change mode. When I look at the serial rx and tx ports they are both set to 01:60:2B:FF:88:00 and I cannot change that value as I get write errors when I try and change any value. I know the last octet is the serial number from 1-15 and I assume it changes them to 00 when it is in a mode that doesn't support serial head amp remote mode.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Yamaha nhb32-c issue
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 05:00:04 PM »

When I look at the serial rx and tx ports they are both set to 01:60:2B:FF:88:00 and I cannot change that value as I get write errors when I try and change any value. I know the last octet is the serial number from 1-15 and I assume it changes them to 00 when it is in a mode that doesn't support serial head amp remote mode.
I've not worked with this particular unit, but in general, the 01:60:2B:FF:88:00 is displayed as the format for a device's MAC address, which is part of the networking configuration, and that is not something that you can change. So if that's what it is, that would explain part of the trouble you encounter when trying to alter it.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Tom Petrusky

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »

Thank you that part makes sense now. All I now need to do is get it to swap over and figure out how to send the control from the unit out to the AD via the null modem cable.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.