ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: DB Technologies VS Aero 8A  (Read 22030 times)

Mauricio Velez

• MV Productions Atlanta
Re: DB Technologies VS Aero 8A
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »

I think you missunderstood that part. A high inrush means the amp draws a lot of current when it is switched on. This has nothing to do with how the speaker behaves while the show is playing. It still could trip your breakers. Actually it is the opposite of what you want. Good products have a inrush current LIMITER which will stop the amp from drawing too much current on power up, so the breaker won't trip. Better products have this limiter still working while the music plays, so no tripping when the amp is driven hard. Cheap or very old products have none of that and will depending on some factors sometimes or almost always trip the breaker on power up.
Don't get me wrong here, what follows is not meant to offend you: Line Arrays or "not quite Line Arrays" like the T4 are indeed made to be handled by people knowing exactly what they do, like knowing how to use the curving and output prediction software or why you need a certain length of array to get the benefits of why you wanted a Line Array in the first place. Again, not to offend you, but the fact that you made some big mistakes while using them like running them fullrange over the subs or not aligning them in the time domain shows you have some things to learn about using a LA or PA gear in general. I somehow even fear you ran your 725s over the 728s in fullrange, too.

Thank you for the clarification for the "inrush current" as I never saw that before and the only reference I found was in Wikipedia.  For the SRX I used the JBL presets from Harman Kardon and I was sending the full signal to both and all the processing was don inside the amplifiers, the advise was provided here and always worked well. I agree I have a lot to learn and that why I posted in the Lounge, the mistake for the T4's was thinking they have more processor inside, I could not find any info, as their website is almost blank, lets face it that DB Technologies is an entry level product, just compare it to the L-Acoustics website and you know what I mean. They are serving me well but as I learn I will move to a professional Line Array.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:19:35 PM by Mauricio Velez »
Mauricio Velez
https://www.facebook.com/mvproductionsatlanta/
X32 / X32 Rack / Db Technoligies T4 , T12, S30 / QSC K12, Yamaha SM 115V, QSC RMX 850, 2450

Jens Droessler

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 06:18:28 PM »

Yes, if you use the correct factory setups for the JBLs on Crown amps with integrated DSP, the processing is correctly done inside the amps. Those setups provide the necessary filtering and time alignment (delay) for the mentioned combination of speakers, which will be high pass and low pass for the subs and a high pass for the 725. The DVA t4 on the other hand are made to be get the needed high pass from the DVA subs "high out" (or whatever they print on that label) XLR output. If you use other subs, you'll have to provide a fitting high pass in other ways, like you already found out. Now you'll still need to put a delay on the T4 if you want to use other subs than the S30. Maybe even there you'd be better off by using an optimised setup done in an external digital speaker management, since the S30 is probably made to work along the T12 and T8, which have other latency. So the phase response wouldn't be ideal if you use the T4 on the S30.

I guess you're on the right track.

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2014, 04:41:11 PM »

The T4 box when flown makes a great system, experiment with the presets to see what they do and your musical taste . They are not cast in stone settings. We use ours on mostly the #2 position and sometimes #3 setting for our tastes. We also couple them with a 15" sub crossed at 120hz and set the top boxes accordingly, but we use our mixer outputs to do this and not a dedicated processor. With the tops (T4) crossed around 100 they really shine. We have done crowds over 1000 peeps at high levels and everyone that has heard the T4 rig is amazed at the output. The attached pic is from one event with did with the boxes and the sound output carried quite some distance. As others have stated, the best thing you can do is more boxes and get them in the air. There have been many events around the world using the T4 boxes in lines of 20 per side that have done some large venues, but overall, the T4 fits a great niche and does offer performance that is very hard to beat for the price. We have moved to the T12's but still use T4 under for front coverage and front fills, also pole mounted for smaller events.
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Mauricio Velez

• MV Productions Atlanta
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 05:17:16 PM »

I did my first large event with the system, it went very well. I used 7 T4's per side stacked on top of the stage and 2 S30 and 3 S20 center in front of the stage. Attendance was about 3000 in front of the stage but many more in a huge lawn in a park in Atlanta (Piedmont Park Lawn). We had plenty of bass, tops were at the limit. Everybody very happy. System was loud enough but especially clear and the throw distance was very impressive, you can hear, feel the music and understand very far away. Not enough for a rock concert but plenty for this application. My plan was to fly the system but couldn't rent the motors. We used also 2 X32's, All the inputs to the one in the stage and from that  to the other  x32 thru de aes50-a port, worked great.  Cheers Mauricio.
Mauricio Velez
https://www.facebook.com/mvproductionsatlanta/
X32 / X32 Rack / Db Technoligies T4 , T12, S30 / QSC K12, Yamaha SM 115V, QSC RMX 850, 2450

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »

We are finishing an install of 7 T4's flown per side over an S30n per side, HS performance auditorium.  For the price, after we tweaked the angles, they were better than expected. 

For louder bands, either 2 subs per side, or 8x T8's per side over 3-4 subs per side would rock. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.