ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley TH212 Subs - Opinions  (Read 13661 times)

Rufus Crowder

Danley TH212 Subs - Opinions
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:58:37 AM »

Getting ready to decide on purchasing two (2) Danley TH212 subs for a fixed install and would like some feedback from those that have used these before I place the order.  The install will be under a stage at a church.  Contemporary Christian rock music is played and yes the db's get up there at times!

This is the only sub with dimensions that will fit in the space provided.  Anything else would have to placed to the sides of the stage.

Benjamin Gingerich

• LifeSound AV
Re: Danley TH212 Subs - Opinions
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:18:35 AM »

Getting ready to decide on purchasing two (2) Danley TH212 subs for a fixed install and would like some feedback from those that have used these before I place the order.  The install will be under a stage at a church.  Contemporary Christian rock music is played and yes the db's get up there at times!

This is the only sub with dimensions that will fit in the space provided.  Anything else would have to placed to the sides of the stage.

Have you considered flying them? If its possible to do so you will have more even coverage in the room. The 212 is probably my favorite sub on the market.
Benjamin Gingerich
Project Manager - LifeSound Av - Macon, Georgia
Air Force Reserves- Electrical Power Production
AA Electrical & Mechanical Engineering

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:32:24 AM »

I have four of them. You will not be disappointed. I can do upwards of 1000 people outdoors with stunning results. They will get low and loud. I drive mine with a single PL380
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:37:26 AM by Kemper Watson »

Rufus Crowder

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 10:43:53 AM »

I have four of them. You will not be disappointed. I can do upwards of 1000 people outdoors with stunning results. They will get low and loud. I drive mine with a single PL380

Wow,  with one amp and outdoors! 

@Benjamin...The trim height of the ceiling would prohibit flying these which is why the stage height is so low too.  We had to make some concessions during the design phase.  Our mid-high speakers are JBL VRX's that we could only do two in the array due to sight line limitations of the projection screens.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 06:00:34 PM »

Put the exit opening on the small side (you can move the exit to the large side if needed for different applications) and place the openings together and you will be good to go.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »

Put the exit opening on the small side (you can move the exit to the large side if needed for different applications) and place the openings together and you will be good to go.
Rufus...note that Ivan is suggesting you install the subs together, not separated left and right.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »

Rufus...note that Ivan is suggesting you install the subs together, not separated left and right.
Of course that goes for subs in general. 
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 09:04:01 AM »

Of course that goes for subs in general.
True Ivan but there are many who don't seem to grasp the concept...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 05:09:28 PM »

True Ivan but there are many who don't seem to grasp the concept...
Hence the need for BASIC sound education.

Our industry is full of misconceptions/falsehoods/lies/poor specs and so forth.

The sad thing is that most of the people who would benefit from "sound 101" are the very ones who already think they know it all and would not take the class-------------------

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 05:13:19 PM »

Hence the need for BASIC sound education.

Our industry is full of misconceptions/falsehoods/lies/poor specs and so forth.

The sad thing is that most of the people who would benefit from "sound 101" are the very ones who already think they know it all and would not take the class-------------------
Something I learned about this biz is that I ALWAYS have something new to learn ...even after 30+ years.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 05:13:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.