ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corporate RF  (Read 11091 times)

Jordan Wolf

Re: Corporate RF Coord software
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 01:55:15 PM »

I like IAS, it is what I use. It has been the standard of the industry for a while, and users have confidence in it. That said, I have heard very good things about Wireless Workbench 6. On this show we did the coord with IAS, but are monitoring the RF with WW6. The biggest advantage to WW6 may be the price, it's free. For now, since I already own IAS, and I am used to it and confident in it, I'll be sticking to it.

Both WW6 and IAS can do zones, so you can increase the available frequencies by not doing IM for mics that are never going to cause IM. The software will just look for direct hits in other zones.

Mac
So, does that mean IAS has the ability deploy its coordination information directly to the wireless devices in use, or must the programming be done manually (like when using ULX-Ps like I am today)?  I'll have to try out the 15-day demo and see what I think.  It's great to have more tools in the toolbox...knowing when to use them and why are the hard parts. ::)

Also, is that the Dugan control software on that laptop there?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:02:34 PM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Corporate RF Coord software
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »

So, does that mean IAS has the ability deploy its coordination information directly to the wireless devices in use, or must the programming be done manually (like when using ULX-Ps like I am today)?  I'll have to try out the 15-day demo and see what I think.  It's great to have more tools in the toolbox...knowing when to use them and why are the hard parts. ::)

No, IAS does not talk to the hardware. It just does coordination.

Mac

Jansen Lee

Re: Corporate RF
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 09:25:37 PM »

Sorry to dredge up an old post...

Mac, how were the antenna cables setup/distroed on the 10 ULX4Q receivers?  I know there are the cascade connectors, just curious about the upper limit on such a setup or larger.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 09:50:28 PM »

Sorry to dredge up an old post...

Mac, how were the antenna cables setup/distroed on the 10 ULX4Q receivers?  I know there are the cascade connectors, just curious about the upper limit on such a setup or larger.

I don't remember, but I see at least 2 antenna distros in the rack.

Mac

Scott Helmke

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »

The little gotcha on the built-in antenna cascading is that you can't mix frequency bands - the cascade output is bandpass filtered for that unit's frequency band. So if you've wisely chosen to split your system into two or more bands you will need a regular wideband antenna distro.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.