ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: something interesting for X32 users  (Read 12862 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: something interesting for X32 users
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 08:51:49 AM »

Thanks Tom.

While I love the idea of a spirited youth developing a useful hack, there is tender turf to tread making a broadcast-stable app.

Perhaps in some low-profile town hall meeting it is appropriate, but I'm not gonna hang my corpy hat on it.
Even Mr dugan had to start somewhere. :D
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 07:25:43 AM »

"Even Mr Dugan had to start somewhere. :D"

My point exactly! Everyone starts "in the garage" (though now its "in the cloud"). And the old guard doesn't cozy up until the concept is fully developed and demonstrated.

Same as it ever was...

Friedrich Altheide

• X32AutoGain
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 07:38:59 AM »

I am currently working on a big update. This will include the following changes:
Speaker Control will work on all 32 Channels.
IP-Range will be expanding.
The Aux-Ins will be controlled with “START” and ”Continue” as well.

Until it is fully tested you can use X32AutoGain with X32 Firmware 2.01 by entering the following code into the IP-window:
U2U-VfK-DRk-IAP

An input-box will appear.  Please enter the firmware version 2.01 .

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 09:43:14 AM »

I would appreciate any ideas about improving the program, especially Speaker-function (Automixer).

Friedrich

A +1 for the "Dugan" algorithm. This is public domain so free to use.

Simply put, to perform a Dugan style auto-mix you capture an average level for each channel in the auto-mix, and a average level for the entire mix sum of all (with no gain adjustment).  Then compare the individual channel levels to the sum of them all. If a channel is lower level than the sum of all, reduce it by that difference. So if it is .7x the level of the sum apply a gain of .7x, etc. It's that easy,,, This approach delivers a nominal apparent NOM (number of open mics) of 1x.

Good luck

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Peter Morris

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 05:50:10 PM »

A +1 for the "Dugan" algorithm. This is public domain so free to use.

Simply put, to perform a Dugan style auto-mix you capture an average level for each channel in the auto-mix, and a average level for the entire mix sum of all (with no gain adjustment).  Then compare the individual channel levels to the sum of them all. If a channel is lower level than the sum of all, reduce it by that difference. So if it is .7x the level of the sum apply a gain of .7x, etc. It's that easy,,, This approach delivers a nominal apparent NOM (number of open mics) of 1x.

Good luck

JR

:)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automixer

"In 1997, John H. Roberts of Peavey Electronics was granted a patent for an automatic mixer priority circuit, enabling a hierarchy of logic weighting that allowed selected signals to push forward in the mix when they are in use, while still maintaining the useful constant unity, gain-sharing relationship first described by Dugan. The hierarchy enabled a host, moderator or chairperson to speak over other participants and retain control of the discussion.[31] Peavey's Architectural Acoustics division used three levels of hierarchy in their 1998 "Automix 2" product, placing the first- and second-most influentially weighted sources at inputs 1 and 2, respectively.[32]"

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »

:)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automixer

"In 1997, John H. Roberts of Peavey Electronics was granted a patent for an automatic mixer priority circuit, enabling a hierarchy of logic weighting that allowed selected signals to push forward in the mix when they are in use, while still maintaining the useful constant unity, gain-sharing relationship first described by Dugan. The hierarchy enabled a host, moderator or chairperson to speak over other participants and retain control of the discussion.[31] Peavey's Architectural Acoustics division used three levels of hierarchy in their 1998 "Automix 2" product, placing the first- and second-most influentially weighted sources at inputs 1 and 2, respectively.[32]"

Yes I know a little about automatic mixers...  and other stuff too...

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »

Like an upside down duck, you quack me up.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.