ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sidefill and B-rig options  (Read 3252 times)

Kyle Van Sandt

Sidefill and B-rig options
« on: January 28, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »

I'm looking for a box or set of boxes that can hopefully pull double duty for me.  We are doing a summer outdoor series on a 20x20 stage in an open air plaza.  Acts are mostly folk/international type of music.  Ground stacking only.  Ideally, these boxes could also pull double duty as side fills for our monitor rig on our 40x30 mainstage.  For that, acts that require it are your more traditional rock/folk stuff.  Right now, we are using UPA-1P's pulling double duty to do this.  I'm not married to anything in particular, though I don't have D&B money for this. 
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

Josh Hana

Re: Sidefill and B-rig options
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:02:35 PM »

Are you having any problems with UPAs right now? Is the rest of your rig Meyer? If you're looking at having them be compliments to a main PA, you should stick with the same brand as the mains. For sidefills, you can usually get away with something different.

I've used UPAs for sidefills in the past, and they work pretty well as singles on sticks for smaller gigs. In a pinch, they can be used as a wedge too (although I really don't recommend it)

If you're happy with the UPAs right now, I would stick with those

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:29:27 AM »

The latest JBL 2x15 + large format horn cabinet. Uses the venerable 2226h. STX/SRX something. Efficient and full range. Great drum box too.
[/quote]
STX 825!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:56:13 AM by Jim McKeveny »

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »

I'm looking for a box or set of boxes that can hopefully pull double duty for me.  We are doing a summer outdoor series on a 20x20 stage in an open air plaza.  Acts are mostly folk/international type of music.  Ground stacking only.  Ideally, these boxes could also pull double duty as side fills for our monitor rig on our 40x30 mainstage.  For that, acts that require it are your more traditional rock/folk stuff.  Right now, we are using UPA-1P's pulling double duty to do this.  I'm not married to anything in particular, though I don't have D&B money for this.

kf650 / D&B C7 / Nexo Alpha E anything with a high output that is usable as a single stack per side but arrays nicely for wider coverage when required. I would be looking for a 55 to 70 degree horizontal coverage box out of preference.
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 12:54:53 PM »

QRX 212, used them many times as both side fills and small stage FOH.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Chris Tsanjoures

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 03:42:58 PM »

Perfect use for some KF850's. I'm sure you can find some around used for a good price.
I am employed by Rational Acoustics. Besides being a Product Manager for the Smaart Platform, I operate as a fully deployable Smaart Ninja (aka Instructor/System Guy).

John Chiara

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 05:25:25 PM »

Perfect use for some KF850's. I'm sure you can find some around used for a good price.
I have a bunch for sale!!

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »

I have a bunch for sale!!

Dumping that rig huh John?  We have that buying used problem, but sometimes they will let that slide. 

The 4 C7's tops and bottoms would be my ideal if we can swing it.  We'll see where this goes, thanks for the info everyone.  I'm also pushing to pull down my 15 CQ boxes and replacing them with a line array of some D&B flavor, so if we do that the CQ-2's go on top of a 650p and we call it a day.  We'll see where this ends up, state buildings are weird places. 
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.