ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with saved scenes on LS9  (Read 6864 times)

Stuart Pendleton

• Colonial Yorktown, VA
Re: problem with saved scenes on LS9
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 08:50:58 AM »

my LS9 has been doing some unexpected things with the scene memory, things changing unexpectedly.

David, I know you aren't a novice so pardon me if this sounds accusatory, but have you checked those particular settings to see if they were flagged as SAFE? Just a thought...

David Parker

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 09:57:19 AM »

David, I know you aren't a novice so pardon me if this sounds accusatory, but have you checked those particular settings to see if they were flagged as SAFE? Just a thought...
I haven't checked anything out yet, just what I saw at the last show. Hopefully I can get the mixer out later today and see what's up in the light of day. We've had a cold spell here in Texas that we are not used to, so I haven't done anything yet. I was hoping someone had had a similar problem and that would give me a direction. I have received several directions from the comments here, and will check all of those things out when I get into it. I don't have a warehouse to work in, so I am at the mercy of mother nature. I only use my truck for sound work, so it stays loaded between shows. I have to unload the entire truck to get back to the mixer, as it goes in first. the first thing I'll do is turn it on and see if the restart gets me back to where I want to be, maybe I inadvertently, in the dark club, pushed a button by mistake and went to a screen I did not recognize. I saw about 6 scenes all with the same name, and that was not how it is supposed to be. At a previous show I opened a scene I commonly used and it had changed. So evidently at the show before that I saved something improperly, or did the mixer malfunction? That is the question I have not yet been able to answer.

David Parker

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »

my LS9 has been doing some unexpected things with the scene memory, things changing unexpectedly. I'm wondering if this could be caused by a weak backup battery?
Okay, looks like operator error. Powered up the mixer in a less hostile environment and all the scenes came up unchanged, except a couple of titles were wrong. Still not sure how I did that. Battery was ok. My saved scenes are my lifeblood, because most of the places I set up don't allow much of a sound check. I need to dedicate a usb stick to saving my scenes and keep it onhand. thanks to everyone that contributed.

David Parker

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 10:37:58 PM »

one night I was mixing from my ipad, and noticed the scene had a different name on the ipad and on the mixer. I never changed scenes from my ipad, always at the mixer. Not sure how that happened. That was one of the scenes whose name had changed.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 10:37:58 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.