ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ned and other performing BE's  (Read 7377 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Ned and other performing BE's
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 07:44:32 PM »

No USB port on my Ipad. Dropbox is a repository like any other used to move files to a site in the cloud accessible from your Ipad, phone, etc. I use a cable from my Ipad to my PC and with the proper app can see the directory structure on the PC and Ipad, then move the files where I want, but Ipads aren't PCs, so no USB direct transfer.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

David Parker

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 08:26:19 PM »

You can load a file onto an iPad from Dropbox, not from a USB stick?

Mac
I did a little "googling" after my last question, and found that you cannot use USB sticks with an Ipad. I guess that answers my question, unless someone knows a way.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 01:30:51 PM »

I did a little "googling" after my last question, and found that you cannot use USB sticks with an Ipad. I guess that answers my question, unless someone knows a way.

It's Steve Jobs "better way."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »

It's Steve Jobs "better way."

Tim, get over it. Feel free to not buy products you don't like.

Mac

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 02:19:12 PM »

Actually, there are some adapters being sold for use with thumb drives, but the real issue is the closed system Apple uses. You won't run a directory like you might with another OS. There are plenty of utilities out there for this purpose, some that use web storage, some that read the PCs directory and the Ipad directory, some that use only a thumb drive and transfer with compressed files. It's up to the EU to choose the right tool for the job at hand. If I find any that work exceptionally well I'll post the results.

Two (2) things I wish we had Mac. An on going thread / sticky for links to mfg web sites, and only because the Ipad appears to be "it" for system management, an on going link for Ipad app discussions.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »

Mac

Render unto Caesar...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 11:52:46 AM »

Mac

Gee, Mac, did I touch a nerve somewhere?

Mr. Jobs sacrificed connectivity because he hated connectors.  It was big personal thing for him, and when balanced against the other features of Apple products most consumers probably didn't/don't miss the kind of connectivity that more aggressive users had come to depend upon.  This philosophy is good for accessory and after-market products, however.  "With our Widget, your Mac will 'just work!'"

Since I don't care to adopt any particular manufacturers limitations by completely buying into their technical ecosystem, I find myself using all 3 major computer operating systems on a variety of hardware platforms.  That includes buying products I don't care to support... but those products are tools, not personal use items.  My iPad is a business-only device, there's no personal content on it.  One of my Android tablets is the same: all biz.  I have a Windows tablet, too, and I'm still playing with (and mostly disliking) Win8.1.  They all have various degrees of frustration, suckiness, and brilliance.  I try to use them to their advantage.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Parker

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »

I just downloaded setlists. I think it's going to work great for me. I uploaded all my charts to dropbox, then easily downloaded them to my Ipad, and they transferred over with all the chords in the right place. I'm using a first gen Ipad, and it's plenty up to the task. For the gentleman put off by the cost of an Ipad, I bought this one off ebay for $150. My other Ipad is used only for running my LS9 remotely, and stays in that rack.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »

Glad to hear it will work out for you. I like the app. Simple, and does the job with ease.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.