ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaffolding vs. crank up lifts  (Read 16483 times)

Tomm Williams

Re: Scaffolding vs. crank up lifts
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »

Sorry, no.  I'm too busy working to take photos.  I take a camera with me, but always forget it in the van.

Can you give a description of the set up ? how tall are the scaffolds, do you stack multiples, how do you get your speakers on top, how long to set up, transportation issues ?

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »

Mike did you make (or have made) that lift?

The stand in the photo is an Applied Electronics L16.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 04:25:30 PM »

Years ago I did a gig in a small arena where I used U215s for mains and U15s for outfill to hit the side seating. This is the rigging I used. Note that except for the pullback straps the rigging is all steel. The T-Bar is the standard Applied truss adapter with adjustable width expanders made from heavy steel box tubing added.

Makes me dizzy  :o

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »

Do you have some pictures of this set up you could share with us? Would like to see how it looks if ya don't mind.
Here are a couple that I took when I first received all of the parts to put it together. You can see the little "on-stage" stands that I lift the 650 onto, then take my time to shackle them to the "T". This really works well. I'm surprised I don't see more of this type of setup around. With these lifts I can get the bottom of the KF650 about 12' off the ground. The swivel yoke has a pullback point, so I can adjust the angle as well.

This was a first-run mock up of the plan. I've since shortened the T to make it narrower, to closer pack the speakers for a more stable setup. The stac chain works better than the wire slings for adjustability, and shorter is better for stability. When I bought the slings (second pic), the shortest I could get them was 18", and that's just too long when put into practical use in this setting.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:02:58 PM by boburtz »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.