ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Were to get speaker pole mount base?  (Read 9165 times)

sam saponaro

Were to get speaker pole mount base?
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:16:06 PM »

Anyone know were I can find the speaker pole bases that mount to the external surface of the cab? I need heavy duty ones made of metal and all I find are made of plastic.
My plan is to mount them to the tops of my subs(don't want to hole saw them for cups) so I need metal brackets for strength cause of the extra leverage of being at the bottom side of the pole.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Were to get speaker pole mount base?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 12:20:02 AM »

Not a good idea Sam. You put that much leverage onto one of those screw on mounts and plastic or not you'll snap it or pull out the screws. Buy the pole cups and use those, or just use tripods for the upper cabinets.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 03:58:43 AM »

But if you do want a good heavy duty pole mount bracket I'd recommend the K&M 19580.

http://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?info=632&xe4f02=vel9t9ismd538brhngm7as7bp2
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Brian O'Shaughnessy

• Vitamin C Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 04:28:15 AM »

Hello! These are great, I've used these a lot. Cheap too! I've used the mainly to mount lights with, but they're actually designed to be installed on the outside of a speaker cabinet. Just an aside, I've used lots of on stage stands items, they're all incredibly well built and have taken a lot of abuse. Almost all my tripods, mics stands, etc are from them and I have no regrets.

http://www.amazon.com/EB9760-Exterior-Speaker-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B0007SL856/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387790794&sr=8-1&keywords=on+stage+speaker+mount
Vitamin C Entertainment
http://vcentertain.com

David Parker

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 08:18:22 AM »

Anyone know were I can find the speaker pole bases that mount to the external surface of the cab? I need heavy duty ones made of metal and all I find are made of plastic.
My plan is to mount them to the tops of my subs(don't want to hole saw them for cups) so I need metal brackets for strength cause of the extra leverage of being at the bottom side of the pole.

When I built my single 18 subs I ran a pvc pipe top to bottom, attached at the bottom and open at the top. My poles go the entire height of the cab. Very sturdy.

Tomm Williams

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 10:08:56 AM »

Sam depending on the weight of your tops, this may not be a good idea. Those types of mounts are usually used on the bottom of a main where the leverage isn't quite so strong. Even then, without backing plates you could well still see a failure. As much as you don't want to mount pole cups inside your subs, this is the best, safest answer if you want tops over subs.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 10:51:22 AM »

If you don't want anything protruding into the cabinet, this might be the way to go:

http://www.k-m.de/export/productpdf/ID/614/lang/en

This is what my E-V subs use, and they seem perfectly adequate for 45-50 lb. tops on poles.  You have a choice of fixed length, adjustable, or crank-up "distance rods" from K+M.  I was a bit apprehensive about the durability of the M20 thread on these, but so far they've held up fine.

GTD

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 12:09:19 PM »

If you don't want anything protruding into the cabinet, this might be the way to go:

http://www.k-m.de/export/productpdf/ID/614/lang/en

This is actually a stronger mount than the typical pole cup, but it does still involve cutting a hole into the cabinet albeit smaller than the pole cup would require.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

sam saponaro

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 04:10:05 PM »

Not a good idea Sam. You put that much leverage onto one of those screw on mounts and plastic or not you'll snap it or pull out the screws. Buy the pole cups and use those, or just use tripods for the upper cabinets.
Your probably right. I'm just so hesitant to put a hole saw to brand new EAW SB cabs.I asked befor in a post and was suggested building boxes to put them up on.I liked the idea but I'm no carpenter and worry about them vibrating off the subs.I really wanna use poles.

Tomm Williams

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »

Sam contact EAW and see if they will sell you a set of factory pole cups. They will probably be quite expensive as they will be heavy duty but you then have factory parts on your subs. Looks better and shouldn't effect resale value. Punching a hole is really quite simple. Go to a cabinet maker if you're concerned about your skills.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.