ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antari Z-350 faser users?  (Read 6606 times)

David Allred

Antari Z-350 faser users?
« on: December 18, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »

Will this thing fill a 200,000 ft room (100 x 100 x 20)?  The output specs (extrapolated from 3000cfm) tell me that it would take about 70 mins.
Only 1/2 the room will be aimed at, but the room is 100% open. 

Any users have experience in a room this size?  If fillable, how easy to maintain?  (Oil-based fog or haze is not an option.)

Thanks

DanGlass

Re: Antari Z-350 faser users?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »

There are so many variables to answering your question completely.  It is possible to fill the space with a fazer as long as you have the time, extra fluid, and the HVAC team on your side.  In large rooms, arenas, theaters, they have large heating and air conditioning systems and when they turn on to circulate the air it moves pretty quickly and so will you fog/haze.  Sometimes that can work in your favor if the vents are on the other side of the room they will actually help you distribute the haze around, but if the vent is above the stage or off to one side or the other it will pull the air that way.  So if you hazer is on the left side of the stage and the vent is also, then your fazer will never fill the room.  I would expect that your fazer will be running at full output to fill the room and then keep running at full to maintain it once the air kicks on.  most fazers have a long heating and sequencing time meaning that they cant run constantly without taking a break either by you shutting them off or the heating element cycyling through heating times.  Also I think that by the time your fog reaches the farthest point away from the fazer it will be quite thin compared to near it.  I have been in the situation where I needed to fill a large room with an undersized hazer and i found that teh best way was to figure out the direction of airflow and move the hazer to the other side of the space to it pulled the haze across.  If you only NEED to fazer the stage/performance area instead of the whole room I would keep it on the stage and add a fan or two. I am sure you will need to setup the fazer, run it, and then move it around accordingly.  Allow of enough time for setup to experiment and if you have the option, bring more than one.

David Allred

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 05:52:11 PM »

Thanks Dan,  Is your experience with the Z-350?  This is being bought for a specific room, and additional fasers will not be an option.
The HVAC returns will be on the far wall, so that is a plus.  My main concern is if it has the capacity to fill and then maintain the space. 

Rob Gow

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:53:08 PM »

Thanks Dan,  Is your experience with the Z-350?  This is being bought for a specific room, and additional fasers will not be an option.
The HVAC returns will be on the far wall, so that is a plus.  My main concern is if it has the capacity to fill and then maintain the space.

I filled a school gymnasium with an HZ300.

And all the hallways at the school.

Ya gotta keep an eye on it and don't let it get too crazy.

DanGlass

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 08:26:50 AM »

I have used that model on some shows and it will come down to how forgiving the HVAC is in the room.  And just like Rob stated it can fill an entire room and then the hallways so keep an eye on it.  You will find that sometimes the HVAC will run different at night versus the day, versus the weekend, unless they have a maintenance person at the time of the event.  I have also had a few instances where I carefully figured out the flow of the air in a room only to have it shut off later in the day which left me scrambling to move the machine to a new spot.  make sure you have your own small fans to move, or help move, the haze around.

David Allred

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »

I have used that model on some shows and it will come down to how forgiving the HVAC is in the room.  And just like Rob stated it can fill an entire room and then the hallways so keep an eye on it.  You will find that sometimes the HVAC will run different at night versus the day, versus the weekend, unless they have a maintenance person at the time of the event.  I have also had a few instances where I carefully figured out the flow of the air in a room only to have it shut off later in the day which left me scrambling to move the machine to a new spot.  make sure you have your own small fans to move, or help move, the haze around.

I talked to the HVAC installer.   This is a sock duct system that will run continuous fan.  It does not exhaust, but re-circulates.  It is also a room contained system, so he believes that the HVAC will actually be a benefit.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.