ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Line Array Software  (Read 1399 times)

Steve Ferreira

Re: Line Array Software
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 01:33:40 pm »

The version I'm using right now says "MAPP Online Pro - Standalone [filename.xml]"  Perhaps Meyer uses the word "standalone" to differentiate it from another form of distribution.

So does mine right on the desk top, but if you try to make a prediction without an internet connection it won't do anything and give you an error message. "Server not found"

Riley Casey

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 03:13:13 pm »

Ideal for those instances when you're in the middle of load in with the riggers standing around looking for direction and the PM just said " oh, yea that beam isn't load rated after all so you'll have to hang your arrays 18 ft downstage from the drawing and take em out another 10 ft.   ::)  Thats when you'll wish you used Vertecs.   ;D

So does mine right on the desk top, but if you try to make a prediction without an internet connection it won't do anything and give you an error message. "Server not found"

Ryan Tolzmann

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 05:16:31 pm »

Ideal for those instances when you're in the middle of load in with the riggers standing around looking for direction and the PM just said " oh, yea that beam isn't load rated after all so you'll have to hang your arrays 18 ft downstage from the drawing and take em out another 10 ft.   ::)  Thats when you'll wish you used Vertecs.   ;D

i'm using 8 boxes per side of meyer m'elodie..
Ryan Tolzmann
Freelance Audio Engineer
651 200 8607

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 05:38:01 pm »

i'm using 8 boxes per side of meyer m'elodie..

You missed the point of his reply.

The Meyer software is online only. LAC II that JBL uses doesn't require an internet connection to see whats happening with the software.

Every other software that I have come across doesn't require an internet connection....D&B, LAC, EAW, Outline.....

Christian Güssmer

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 12:34:14 pm »

Every other software that I have come across doesn't require an internet connection....D&B, LAC, EAW, Outline.....

It is no problem to run at least the Java version of MAPP "offline", it will let you design your array and show resulting pickpoints, loads, etc. As already mentioned all the predictions are done on their server, so without internet connection there is no "coloured picture".
On the opposite side the time needed to calculate a prediction in all the other manufacturers solutions in a similar resolution as MAPP does still is excessive on "common" laptops.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.