ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trantec Wireless microphones  (Read 2829 times)

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
Trantec Wireless microphones
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »

Thinking of adding to my wireless inventory in the near future. Does anyone have any experience of the trantec lines? Especially the S5.3 series?

http://www.trantec.co.uk/html/p_S53_RackednReady.htm
Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Matze Jela

Re: Trantec Wireless microphones
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 06:11:03 PM »

Hi everybody,

I'm aware that this a very old thread...
But since I just stumbled across it when searching for "Trantec" wireless microphones and since nobody ever responded, I thought I might just as well share my experiences in case someone else will find this old thread in the need for some information.

The S5.3 is a wireless microphone system from TOA's Trantec series.
It is a professional wireless system which can run up to 12 channels per frequency band.
I've worked with all their available transmitters: bodypack, dynamic handheld and condenser handheld.
All components are built into sturdy, rugged metal housings/bodies which are perfectly suited for onstage use.
My favourite ist the condenser handheld called S5.3-HCX.
It has a brilliant sound with very little noise and/or hiss.
For me the radio transmission has always worked flawlessly and reliably.
No serious companding artefacts can be heard.
Two very handy features are the frequency scan function and the infrared synchronization of the transmitters.
Furthermore battery life is quite good. All components use only 1xAA battery which will usually last for over 10 hours so you can roughly play three full shows without having to change batteries.

I like working with this system very much and even though it is not widely known (at least where I come from; which is Germany) talents have liked the look and feel of the handhelds and bodypacks. I can highly recommend it  :O)

Since tha above link seems to be outdated, here are two new links, one in English and one in German:

http://www.trantec.co.uk/Systems/trantec_S5.3_Racked_n_Ready.php

http://toa-wireless.de/s5-3_series.html

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber