ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pro 2 recall scope  (Read 7710 times)

Duane Rodakowski

pro 2 recall scope
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:01:24 PM »

In the recall scope page, concerning the "all" button. When do and don't you use this function? What does it do, that when selecting all the other buttons, it doesn't do?

peter dakin

Re: pro 2 recall scope
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 02:21:39 AM »

In the recall scope page, concerning the "all" button. When do and don't you use this function? What does it do, that when selecting all the other buttons, it doesn't do?

Quick way of selecting everything, so you can then simple click stuff you do want to recall?

For instance, if you wanted to scope everything except HA, then I'd select all, then select console wide, and select HA. Three clicks and scoped everything, except HA which will recall with each scene,

Duane Rodakowski

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »

Quick way of selecting everything, so you can then simple click stuff you do want to recall?

So another way of saying that:
The "All" button inverts the functionality of Recall Scope. Instead of "these are things that will NOT be recalled, now, when the All button is on "These are things that WILL be recalled.

Really? I'm going to check that out. (our mixer is beginning a show run so sometimes experimenting is difficult)

peter dakin

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 03:34:39 PM »

So another way of saying that:
The "All" button inverts the functionality of Recall Scope. Instead of "these are things that will NOT be recalled, now, when the All button is on "These are things that WILL be recalled.

Really? I'm going to check that out. (our mixer is beginning a show run so sometimes experimenting is difficult)

No. Not what it means.

"All" means everything is scoped, so nothing will be recalled. No Scope (no green selections) means it will be recalled. You select (make green) the things you DON'T want to be recalled with a scene, so they remain constant through whatever scene you recall.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 04:23:35 PM »

No. Not what it means.

"All" means everything is scoped, so nothing will be recalled. No Scope (no green selections) means it will be recalled. You select (make green) the things you DON'T want to be recalled with a scene, so they remain constant through whatever scene you recall.

That seems backwards, especially if one is coming from the DigiDesign VENUE side.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

peter dakin

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 05:01:55 AM »

That seems backwards, especially if one is coming from the DigiDesign VENUE side.

Absolutely. Very confusing and easy to lead to problems. Espeically if you jump from one to the other regularly.

From the manual:
....it has a Recall Scope screen from which you can select the controls that are excluded from the scene when it is recalled and you can also view the current scope status.

The keyword being EXCLUDED.

Had a session the other day from a touring BE, unbeknown to him, his session had STORE scope options ticked, which is even crazier. You hit save, however nothing is actually being saved!!!!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 04:40:25 PM »

Absolutely. Very confusing and easy to lead to problems. Espeically if you jump from one to the other regularly.

From the manual:
....it has a Recall Scope screen from which you can select the controls that are excluded from the scene when it is recalled and you can also view the current scope status.

The keyword being EXCLUDED.

Had a session the other day from a touring BE, unbeknown to him, his session had STORE scope options ticked, which is even crazier. You hit save, however nothing is actually being saved!!!!

That is also backward from Yamaha, where that function would be called Recall Safe, and Focus would let you select individual functions to be recalled. In the early consoles Focus was called Selective Recall.

Having the possibility to have a default where a save does nothing seems like a very bad idea.

Mac

Adam Robinson

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:06 PM »

Coming off of a long tour here with a Pro2 using scenes from song to song.  I can tell you that the down arrow does a lot, but it does not do "all."  In working with Midas support, it was brought to my attention that in order for anything below the all arrow to be scoped, the all arrow must also be scoped.  Think of it as almost an "enable" button for the parameters below it. 

My plan was to just have my snapshots do fader moves on a select number of channels.  For this to happen, I started with everything green, then chose the 'all' and 'fader' sections of the handful of channels I wanted the scene to change.  Unfortunately in this process, I found several other things to be changing other than the faders I had selected (some of which I attributed to the "all" parameter):  compressor sidechains, external gate keys, direct out patches, and direct out mute states were probably the result of the all button.  Other changes I experienced on a scene by scene basis that I couldn't explain were channel link states, POP group assignments and attributes, output patches (again remember, the only things I had "scoped" in my recall scope were the 12 channels where I wanted the faders to move). This is not a comprehensive list, but simply what I noticed while doing my show. 

A couple more Pro2 scope notes:

It seems the fader parameter also stores the state of the pan knob

Make sure if you're doing a show with very specific scope parameters that you always have a "Start" scene at the top of the list that has a recall and store scope of the entire console.

After my tour, it's my opinion that the scope options on the Pro2 were not granular enough for my needs.  I hope in the future Midas will add more options to the scope screen.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.